Room for Rent and other rental scams
#328354 by Cedes24 Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 pm
Our property is being used as a craigslist scam! This is the scammers email address please do not respond! Our rental property has already been rented and someone is now using our pictures along with this fake email to scam people ....

The address is 9800 W Sleepy Hollow Ln. Boise ID

If you have been in touch with this scammer please stop all communication right away and do not share any information!
Advertisement

#328437 by Michelle Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm

i appreciate your interest in the house.. KINDLY TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS EMAIL PROPERLY SO WE DON'T WASTE EACH OTHER'S TIME ADDRESSING SAME ISSUE OVER AND OVER AGAIN .

My house is available for rent and i will be renting out the house for 1050$ (all utilities included) water, gas, electricity, and garbage , and a security deposit of 1050$ (refundable) , 300$ for each pet as pet deposit ( no aggressive pet please).. i am renting out the house as a result of my new job here in CA and i am looking for a tenant who will take proper care of my house as if he/she owns it.

THE ADDRESS OF THE PROPERTY IS : 9800 W Sleepy Hollow Ln,
Boise, ID 83714

the house has a washer and dryer with hookups , interior is clean and kitchen is well equipped , home is in 100% perfect condition.

My name is GORHAM,KYLE and this is my property, please feel free to check with the property assessor to be sure you are dealing with the owner of the house.I decided to put the house on craigslist personally after i realized the realtor i was working with inflated the rent and making it difficult to get a tenant all because he was greedy and wanted more money off my property, I already took the property off him and i already ordered the removal of his posted adverts and the sign in front of the house, which i am sure will be done very soon.

i am not interested in wasting anyone's time , it's important i get a tenant for my house as much as i know its important you get yourself a home, so please , if you are not interested in moving anytime soon ,kindly ignore the email, As i am not interested in waiting forever before someone moves into the house...

Note: i am currently not dealing with any Realtor.. any conversation or dealings with them is at your own risk. Our email conversations will be kept just in case of any unforeseen circumstance arises...so with being said i expect that you deal with me directly as the owner of the property. Lastly i do not want to waste each others time in reaching a reasonable conclusion about this property so i hope we can converse in timely manner and reach a conclusion soon enough..

if you are willing to work with my situation, let me know so that we can discuss the rent further and will be nice if you can tell me a little about yourself .

cheers

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.