Room for Rent and other rental scams
#328602 by Bryon Williams Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 pm
WALTRAUD HAAS < [email protected] > wrote:

Hi there ,

Thank for your interest on my rental offer. The rent is 700EUR per month plus 700EUR refundable deposit ( the deposit is refundable at the end of the rental period), the consumption charges are also included in the rent like water, electricity, heating/AC, internet, cable TV, wi-fi one parking space and maintenance .

I am the owner of the apartment, my name is WALTRAUD HAAS , 67 years old ! I bought this flat when I worked there as part of a 20 year contract, thinking it would be a better investment than taking in rent !
Now I have turn back to my home land (Graz- Austria), because I have opened a bussines here and also because the age that I have thinking it is the time to come back.
The apartment is unoccupied since I no longer live there. The price will not increase during the period that you will stay there.
You can rent my apartment for an indefinite period, but for a minimum period of two months.

I would also like to know how many people will desire to live in the apartment and what it is the period you are interested to stay there !
I prefer to rent my apartment to a nice and responsible person, so I would like to know more details about yourself : How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pets, if you have a car, occupation etc.. ???

Since I am Graz- Austria I will also propose a safe way for the two of us to complete the paperwork for rental .
I have a contract with a rental agency well known worldwide called Airbnb (https://airbnb.com), which will assist in the management of payment and delivery of the rental package. With this procedure you will be able to check the apartment before I receive payment.

They are very professional and have very good reputation in these rental services, I have also used their service in past for holiday and short term rental. Let me know if you are interested, so I can provide all the steps of this transaction.

I wait for your answer/decision , or if you have questions , please reply anytime !

Regards

Subject: Re: Apartment 2bed 1Bath available (chausseestraße, berlin)
To:

Hi again,

My apartment it is verified by Airbnb since I have used their service for holiday and night rental, and all the transaction and rental will be made with Airbnb !
The consumption charges are included in the monthly rent !
The operation is done through Airbnb, so we are both 100% protected. As for the process, you only have to deposit two months of rent to Airbnb, representing one month's rent and one month deposit, in order to continue the process and receive the rental package (keys and contract) .The delivery will be made in 3-5 days, and you will receive the keys and the contract signed by me right away.

I will explain step by step how the process works:

1. To start the process all I need is your complete information (full name, address and duration of the contract, desire check-in date, a copy of your Passport or ID).
2. I will notify Airbnb to reserve the apartment in their name.
3. Airbnb will send you a notification to let you know that they have reserved the keys and proceed with the contract. They will also send the payment instructions to complete the rental process.
4. You will have to make a deposit into the bank account of Airbnb by the agreed amount, the total amount to be deposited would be 2 months (first month and one month deposit).
5. Airbnb verify the income and if everything is in order, they will send the contract and the keys at any valid addresse you can receive them !
6. After the handing over of the keys, you can see the apartment and you will have a period of 5 days (inspection time) and you must communicate your decision to Airbnb to inform them if you will remain with the apartment or not.

Upon acceptance of the operation you will have to give their agreement to Airbnb so they can admit me the funds.

Otherwise, the money deposited into the bank account of Airbnb will be returned in the same way that has made the payment and you will have to send the keys back to the company.

For if you want to continue with the rent I hope you send me the complete data to start the process.

Thank you

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement