Room for Rent and other rental scams
#328888 by Rem Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 pm
They are at again. Original post on Craigslist said to text (617) 219-3253. responded with email at [email protected] for info and photos along with a blip about not feeling well. The email I got in response:

Hi,

How are you getting along today? I am sorry for not replying the email before now. I have not been too fine generally. Much thanks for setting aside your opportunity to keep in touch with me, it is my true delight to think of you back, and to tell you that the Master Bedroom you are making request of is still available for lease and Utilities Included are Heat,Gas,Electricity, Water,Dryer, Washer and web/Cable. Available from now, monthly lease is $550 application charge is an additional $50; take note of that the security deposit will be required.

Let me quickly acquaint myself with you. My name is Amalia Sanchez and my better half's name is Philip Sanchez. My better half is the proprietor of the property. A few months back we both had a serious accident that influenced my Spinal Cord and cerebrum, that prompt to my inability, now I am utilizing wheel seat and its exceptionally hard to talk, however i can in any case convey through any method for composing be it text messages or email. I lost my better half a couple of days after the accident. now I am living with my Mom here in Florida.

Really me and my significant other both lived in our home flat before the mischance however I chose to put the extra Master Bedroom for lease as I need a capable individual that can lease it and deal with my home loft even while I am away, helping my Mom in her treatment as she is also experiencing a coronary illness.

don't hesitate to check on the address 330 Beacon Street Apt 92 Boston, MA 02116; however take note of that you can not be permitted in on the grounds that the keys of the flat is not accessible, you can just drive by or go by to see the outside of the building.

Appended thus are the photos of the interiors.If you are still intrigued and prepared you can hit me up so we can go to the next step. thanks
Respects

Amalia Sanchez
617 219 3253
Advertisement

#328889 by Bryon Williams Tue May 23, 2017 8:30 pm
(617) 219-3253
617-219-3253
6172193253 is a VoIP number with an area code in MA

The above posted scammer will ask for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#328903 by Bryon Williams Wed May 24, 2017 3:49 am
Amalia Sanchez <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

How are you getting along today? I am sorry for not replying the email before now. I have not been too fine generally. Much thanks for setting aside your opportunity to keep in touch with me, it is my true delight to think of you back, and to tell you that the Master Bedroom you are making request of is still available for lease and Utilities Included are Heat,Gas,Electricity, Water,Dryer, Washer and web/Cable. Available from now, monthly lease is $550 application charge is an additional $50; take note of that the security deposit will be required.

Let me quickly acquaint myself with you. My name is Amalia Sanchez and my better half's name is Philip Sanchez. My better half is the proprietor of the property. A few months back we both had a serious accident that influenced my Spinal Cord and cerebrum, that prompt to my inability, now I am utilizing wheel seat and its exceptionally hard to talk, however i can in any case convey through any method for composing be it text messages or email. I lost my better half a couple of days after the accident. now I am living with my Mom here in Florida.

Really me and my significant other both lived in our home flat before the mischance however I chose to put the extra Master Bedroom for lease as I need a capable individual that can lease it and deal with my home loft even while I am away, helping my Mom in her treatment as she is also experiencing a coronary illness.

don't hesitate to check on the address 3117 Broadway Apt 17, New York, NY 10027; however take note of that you can not be permitted in on the grounds that the keys of the flat is not accessible, you can just drive by or go by to see the outside of the building.

Appended thus are the photos of the interiors.If you are still intrigued and prepared you can hit me up so we can go to the next step. thanks

Respects

Amalia Sanchez
646 547 2078

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/