Room for Rent and other rental scams
#330121 by tigglescat Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm
Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment and myself. I am a female Singaporean. I recently relocated to Portugal to live with my fiance. And we are also about getting married in less than two months. I am currently working as a PR consultant for an NGO which advocates for animal and environmental conservation here in Lisbon, Portugal. I inherited the flat from my late father, as being is his only child. He was actually residing there only, until his death with colon cancer. Which is why i am offering the flat for lease.

The apartment is up for a total of R8000 Per Month. Which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

Large living area,, Bathroom, Fitted Kitchen, Parking is secure, access controlled complex. . Extremely sought after apartments. The apartment comes with a garage and garden

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease. Also i will like you to know that is not all about complying with the rent , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment. Just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

Address: Milrita Court, 7 Schoonder Street, Oranjezicht, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa. A mere block from Gardens shopping centre. The apartment is a gated and secured. As for the utility bills Electricity is a prepaid meter. And water is included on the rent. The minimum lease term is 3 months, and a maximum of 1 year with a possibility of extension.

Regards,

Karen
Advertisement

#330122 by tigglescat Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:13 pm
In response to my first reply:

Thanks so much for your warm response. .

Obviously i can understand your point regarding the viewing of the flat and meeting before reaching an agreement. But unfortunately, that would not be possible for now. As the keys are here with me. And i am so much committed to my work and wedding preparation over here. If you don't mind. I would suggest for now. You go over and visit the neighborhood and building first to determine your interest. Just for you to have an idea of the location and living condition. As i do know your worries and reservations at this point. Although you can understand, i was suppose to lock up the flat since there was no one presently occupying the flat after my late father passed away. And moreover, i never had any intention of renting out the flat. It was my fiance who recently advise i should lease out the flat, which was a good idea. Just for someone to occupy the place with good up keep. And often send me feed backs regarding the state of the flat,. Just to put off my worries.

Let me know what to you feel. If you are still interested in renting the property off me. So i could send you my rental application form, to start up with the renting process. And if you are successful with acquiring the unit. I can post of the keys and tenancy agreement to you for your inspection and moving in.

Best Regards,
Karen
#330123 by tigglescat Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm
And finally, response to my second reply:

Hello ,

So good to read from you again. And thanks so much for your warm response. Through my Ad on gumtree. For the renting process. Firstly, you have to comply with the application process. And like i said, if i am satisfied with your application. We can reach an agreement. So i could send you the keys and hard copy of the agreement. I will send you a soft copy of the lease agreement through email for your review.

Attached is the application form. Do fill it to the best of your knowledge and information available to you. Attached with your 2 months payslip, and a photo to put a face to your name. This is all i require for now. I will get back to you as soon as possible with further instructions with the tenancy document for your review, if i am satisfied with your application.

And Like i said, my main primary concern is the up keep of the flat and to have a good direct communication and relationship with my potential tenant. And also require some update photographs of the property at your most convenient time. So i would be rest assured the flat is in good shape.

Best Regards,
Karen