Room for Rent and other rental scams
#330823 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am
Subject: Re: Looking for room starting August

Thank for your email regarding my rental home. The home is still available for rent. I'm looking for a responsible tenant and neat person or family who can treat my property as his or her own. We request first month rent $500 and $200 security deposit fee before move in, for more details I can be reached or text us at (334) 569-5037

A brief introduction about myself so that you can have a clear picture of whom you're dealing with .My name is Nailah James
and I'm easygoing person, responsible,hard working, and also have fear of God in mind . my hobbies are swimming,reading and traveling. In fact, I've been to Austria, France. but I'm presently in Duluth, MN. also like hanging out with friends and making new friends. presently our apartment is still available for rent and its include utilities like hydro, washer and security,it is fully furnished.cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Access and a good parking space. Also the keys to the place are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing.

One Mrs Yolanda price called me about the apartment,I told her that I can't give her the apartment because she loves smoking,drinking and don't want her to get drunk and damaged my property one day so If you are still interested, No extra fees.

I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as my new tenant. but i will not sleep in the apartment with you for your privacy. so please i want you to complete the rent application form below for the next step.

So I hope you will promise to take very good care of the property when you move in which is my main concern and I'll love a tenant to landlord relationship between us this is why I want to handle this all by myself, whereby you and I can ask questions, get things done and build a good rental relationship, I want a scenario whereby my tenant and I can communicate as family and not strangers, hope you get my points?
Here is an question you need to answer for us to know you more better and use it to fill the original application form with us here in other to proceed on sending the keys and document to you, I'll like to know few things about you and your family such as below.

TENANT CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________ ________________________ ?

Home Phone ( ) ________________________?

Date of Birth_________________________ ________?

Other Phone ( ) ___________________?

Current Address_______________________ ________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________?

Reasons for Leaving_______________________ _____Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________?

Are you married_______________________ _____?

How many people will be living in the apartment_____________________ ?

Do you have a pet___________________________ _?

Do you have a car___________________________ _?

Occupation____________________ ________?

Move In Date________________________?

How Long Did You Want To Stay________________________?

How Many Month Rent are you Willing to pay ( First 1 month rent + Security bond deposit = $700 USD ) OR if you pay ( First 2 month rent + Security Bond Deposit = $1,000 USD ) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ________________________?

Please have this in mind that you are talking to a very nice and good family, if you find any of our question inconvenience please don't be offended but answer it because we want and like to know the kind of family that will be living in our house from day one so nothing from them will be strange to us again.

Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apartment to you.

Thank you and Stay Blessed.

(334) 569-5037

Mrs Nailah James.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#365424 by Bryon Williams Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 am
Subject: Re: Craiglist Inquiry

Thank for your email regarding my rental home. The home is still available for rent. I'm looking for a responsible tenant and neat person or family who can treat my property as his or her own. We request first month rent $887 and $600 security deposit fee before move in, for more details I can be reached or text us at (602) 892-8042

A brief introduction about myself so that you can have a clear picture of whom you're dealing with .My name is Nailah James
and I'm easygoing person, responsible,hard working, and also have fear of God in mind . my hobbies are swimming,reading and traveling. In fact, I've been to Austria, France. but I'm presently in Brooklyn, NY. also like hanging out with friends and making new friends. presently our apartment is still available for rent and its include utilities like hydro, washer and security,it is fully furnished.cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Access and a good parking space. Also the keys to the place are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing.

One Mrs Yolanda price called me about the apartment,I told her that I can't give her the apartment because she loves smoking,drinking and don't want her to get drunk and damaged my property one day so If you are still interested, No extra fees.

I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as my new tenant. but i will not sleep in the apartment with you for your privacy. so please i want you to complete the rent application form below for the next step.

So I hope you will promise to take very good care of the property when you move in which is my main concern and I'll love a tenant to landlord relationship between us this is why I want to handle this all by myself, whereby you and I can ask questions, get things done and build a good rental relationship, I want a scenario whereby my tenant and I can communicate as family and not strangers, hope you get my points?
Here is an question you need to answer for us to know you more better and use it to fill the original application form with us here in other to proceed on sending the keys and document to you, I'll like to know few things about you and your family such as below.

Full Name__________________________________________________ ?

Date of Birth_________________________________?

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________?

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________?

Are you married____________________________?

How many people will be living in the apartment_____________________?

Do you have a pet____________________________?

Do you have a car____________________________?

Occupation____________________________?

How Many Month Rent are you Willing to pay ( First 1 month rent + Security bond deposit = $1,487 USD ) OR if you pay ( First 2 month rent + Security Bond Deposit = $1,800 USD ) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ________________________?

Please have this in mind that you are talking to a very nice and good family, if you find any of our question inconvenience please don't be offended but answer it because we want and like to know the kind of family that will be living in our house from day one so nothing from them will be strange to us again.

Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apartment to you.

(602) 892-8042
Mrs Nailah James.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#368990 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 pm
Subject: Re: Housing interest

Thank for your email regarding my rental home. The home is still available for rent. I'm looking for a responsible tenant and neat person or family who can treat my property as his or her own. We request first month rent $778 and $600 security deposit fee before move in, for more details I can be reached or text us at (203) 441-1028

and I'm easygoing person, responsible,hard working, and also have fear of God in mind . my hobbies are swimming,reading and traveling. In fact, I've been to Austria, France. but I'm presently in NY. also like hanging out with friends and making new friends. presently our apartment is still available for rent and its include utilities like hydro, washer and security,it is fully furnished.cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Access and a good parking space. Also the keys to the place are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing.

Full Name__________________________________________________ ?

Date of Birth_________________________________?

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________?

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________?

Are you married____________________________?

How many people will be living in the apartment_____________________?

Do you have a pet____________________________?

Do you have a car____________________________?

Occupation____________________________?

How Many Month Rent are you Willing to pay ( First 1 month rent + Security bond deposit = $1,378 USD ) OR if you pay ( First 2 month rent + Security Bond Deposit = $1,800 USD ) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ________________________?

(203) 441-1028
Mrs Nailah James

Sounds safe. It's not!