Room for Rent and other rental scams
#330850 by Michelle Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm

The home is available for rent and also ready for immediate occupancy.there is an application fee of $70..First and last month rent is required and there would be no security deposit. I decided to rent out the property due to the fact that am disabled and i move down to Texas to my first child so she can take very good care of me.So am renting it out since i need someone to take good care of the property in my absent.we are soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own. We want you to keep it tidy all the time i am giving you this rules because of what corresponded between me and my last tenant. The keys and documents are with me here in San Antonio . So I will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house but but you can drive by the house any time to take a look at the area and surrounding, you can also peek through the windows if you don't mind. let us know how long you wish to stay.I would send you pictures of the apartment .It is available for a short & long term lease..how soon do you want the application process started??

Okay that sounds good to me ,I would love to accept you as our new home tenant because you really sounds like the kind of person that we are looking to rent the home for and I want you to notice that all your information will be checked and verified for your approval and please do make sure you take very good care of the house and treat it like it’s yours because you sounds like a responsible person and we are going to treat you as part of our family in our home.
Make sure this questionnaire filled correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress the more to accept your application
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
OWN OR RENT:____________?
MONTHLY PAYMENT OR RENT:____________?
CURRENT EMPLOYER AND PHONE:____________?
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING
____________?
HOW SOON ARE YOU READY TO PAY APPLICATION FEE OF 70$ ?
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING IN THE HOUSE:____________?
DO YOU HAVE A CAR:____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________?
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?
DRIVER LICENSE NUMBER ?
BEEN EVICTED FROM A TENANCY OR LEFT OWING MONEY IF YES , PLEASE PROVIDE PROPERTY NAME CITY ,STATE AND LANDLORD NAME?

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement