Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331642 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:30 am
Fake Landlord > [email protected]

Subject: Booking Confirmation

Package ID: 00C067916D4
Transaction Date: 06/21/2017

Hi xxxxxxx,

The package is now in our custody and it is ready to be sent to your address. We have checked the package. Michael Batista Duarte has sent you 2 keys from the outside door of the building, 3 keys from the apartment door, 1 key from storage unit, copies from the apartment documents and the rental contract. We checked all the apartment papers and rental contract with our Real Estate Professional Department.

We had attached the INVOICE & RENTAL AGREEMENT, please open/download and read them carefully, you will find there, all information regarding this transaction.

We are available at the following hours 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Time Monday through Saturday.
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to reply to this E-mail.
Thank you for using our services!

Sincerely,
The Booking.com Team!

Attached was a PDF invoice with payment details to:

Company Agent: Carmelo Fiscella
Company Address: 21 Rispska, Prague, 13000
Bank: UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s.
Bank Address: 1525/1 Zeletavska, Prague 4-Michle 14000
IBAN: CZ5327000000002114371861
BIC: BACXCZPP

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#333723 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:23 pm
Initially the scammer ask you to email [email protected]

Subject: Re: Apartment on Kijiji

Hello xxxx. Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in 286 Simcoe St, Toronto, ON M5T 2Y5. The apartment is available and it is in excellent condition and it's just like in the pictures, very clean and very well taken. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the apartment, I'm just trying to find a good and trust person to take good care of the place. It is furnished but if you want you can use your furniture and deposit mine in the storage unit that is located near the building not far away.

The rent is $1500/month with everything included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, cable and internet-full package from Rogers, 2 parking spots)
Pets are allowed

Let me know if you are still interested and I'll email you a few more pictures and details. I attached a few pics.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael B Duarte

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#338002 by Here_To_Help Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 pm
EVERYONE PLEASE BE AWARE OF SCAMMER: Dr. Michael B. Duarte, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

His email address is: [email protected]. He is still out there trying to scam.

I have been emailing with Michael B. Duarte today (August 30, 2017). It sickens me that he is not yet caught! I am SO THANKFUL that you all posted this warning here. Otherwise, I may have been the next victim.

I have been struggling to find a condo for rent in Toronto. I have good credit and a good job and cannot get any lease in this highly competitive market. I replied to his ad on Kijiji. He emailed back and it all sounded too good to be true. So I started Googling him and came across this site. He is still using the same email, name and email address.

Here is the email exchange between us (I blanked out my personal info):

On Aug 29, 2017 7:31 PM, "Michael B Duarte" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxxxx. Thank you for your interest in my apartment located in 15 Bruyeres Mews, Toronto, ON M5V 0G8. The apartment is available and it is in excellent condition and it's just like in the pictures, very clean and very well taken. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the apartment, I'm just trying to find a good and trust person to take good care of the place. It is furnished but if you want you can use your furniture and deposit mine in the storage unit that is located near the building not far away.

The rent is $1500/month with everything included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, cable and internet-full package from Rogers, 2 parking spots)
Pets are allowed

Let me know if you are still interested and I'll email you a few more pictures and details. I attached a few pics.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael B Duarte

[i][i]---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Aug 30, 2017 5:00 AM
Subject: Re: Condo for Rent Toronto
To: "xxxxx" <[email protected]>
Cc:
[/i][/i]

Hello xxxxx, I am a German doctor and I lived in the apartment for 4 years when I worked in Ontario but now I'm in Spain so my accommodation period here will be about 3 years. As I said before the rent for 1 month will be CAD $1500 and damage deposit $1500 (last month). The only problem is that I had a problem with a guy last week, he tells me that he want to rent the apartment, I came to Toronto and he didn't answer the phone ... I lost time and money for nothing. I will not do that again because of my work schedule and I will not lose time and money for nothing again.

The apartment is available right now. I want to use a well-known rental company worldwide called Booking (http://www.booking.com) they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. Please be aware that is NOT necessary for you to register with Booking for this transaction, I have already registered with them. They are really professional and they have great services.
Let me know if you are interested and I'll reply with details. You need to know everything about this process before this begins. I think it's best for both of us.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael B Duarte

#338003 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm
Hello,

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Ask any questions you may have.

#342128 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm
This scammer has now went into fake car sales.

Michael B Duarte < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello xxx, the 2009 Volvo XC70 AWD is still available and it is registered in ON, low kms 116880kms. I'm a german doctor and I've bought the car when I worked at Hospital in Ottawa but now I'm in Rimouski, QC. I'm selling the car because I want a suv. The car is in great condition, no rust, no issues, it's a great car but I need to sell it. Let me know if you are interested. The car is available for local pickup or delivery and the price is $6800.

P.S. No accidents, no lien.

Sorry for my english.
Thank you,
Dr. Michael B Duarte

Subject: Re: volvo for sale

xxx, the car is stored in an uShip warehouse here in Rimouski, QC. The problem is that I don't have time to manage this sale because of my work schedule at Hospital here in Rimouski, QC, and I have signed a contract with uShip because they are able to take care of the whole sale (even if I am not there when the sale will take place), meaning that they will ship the car to your address and also will handle the payment for me. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the car and will release it to me after you agree to keep it. The most important thing is that this company offers a return policy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 5 days to inspect the car. If by any reason the car is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees and you will receive your money back. I'm sure it won't be the case because the car is in excellent condition, and don't want to lose time and money.

To make this deal happen I must ask uShip to send you the terms and conditions/invoice, but before I can do that I need your approval. So in order to move forward with this deal I just need your full name, full shipping address and a phone number so I can register the deal with uShip, and after that they will contact you with further information on how to buy my car.

The price is $6800. The shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price.

http://uship.com/ca/

Thank you,
Dr. Michael B Duarte

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#342669 by Madison Golightly Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm
This guy is now working in the Vancouver area as well. He posted a Westfalia for sale locally in the auto trader. Initially, I was given a contact phone number to text (604-343-7784) and when I did, I was told the van was his uncles for sale and to email [email protected]. Emailed that address and the reply came from [email protected] with the following:

Thank you for your interest in this 1990 Vanagon Westfalia. Let me tell you a few words about the van. It is totally rust-free and in excellent condition, both inside and out. It has automatic transmission. The canvas top is original and it good condition, as are all of the utilities, including sink, two-burner stove and refrigerator.
Recent upgrades include:
- New shocks
- New brakes
- New tune and fluids
- Replaced exhaust system (within last 4 years)
- BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
This Westfalia is ready to travel or use as your daily driver. The van is registered in BC, the title is clean and you won't have any problems registering the van in your name. I am selling the van because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I don't want it get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by uShip. I believe you know what uShip is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process, let me know if you are still interested so I can get back to you with additional details. The van is available for local pickup or delivery and the price is $3500.

Thanks for your time,
Warrant Officer Michael B Duarte
CFB

As you can see, he's now claiming to be in the military as opposed to being a doctor. This deal looked to be too good to be true but for me the real tip off was his xxxxx He obviously doesn't know what xxxxxx means xxxxxxx. I'm just lucky that I was able to find these posts even though I wasn't searching for a Dr. Thank you to everyone who has posted a warning!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed information educating a scammer.
#342670 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:27 pm
Michael B Duarte < [email protected] > wrote:
Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for you interest in my 2008 Volvo XC70 3.2L AWD, I want to let you know that is in great condition, super clean, 115000 kms, no dings, no accidents, garage kept, no rust, service records up-to-date. The car is registered in BC, the title is clean (no loan or lien) and you won't have any problems registering the car in your name. I am selling the car because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I don't want it get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by uShip. I believe you know what uShip is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process, let me know if you are still interested so I can get back to you with additional details. The car is available for local pickup or delivery and the price is $6700.

Thanks for your time,
CFB

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#342673 by markokraljevic Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:20 pm
, regarding Michael B Duarte

Thank you for your interest in this 1990 Vanagon Westfalia. Let me tell you a few words about the van. It is totally rust-free and in excellent condition, both inside and out. It has automatic transmission. The canvas top is original and it good condition, as are all of the utilities, including sink, two-burner stove and refrigerator.
Recent upgrades include:
- New shocks
- New brakes
- New tune and fluids
- Replaced exhaust system (within last 4 years)
- BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
This Westfalia is ready to travel or use as your daily driver. The van is registered in BC, the title is clean and you won't have any problems registering the van in your name. I am selling the van because I am in the military and my unit will be sent back over the seas. I don't want it get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by uShip. I believe you know what uShip is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process, let me know if you are still interested so I can get back to you with additional details. The van is available for local pickup or delivery and the price is $3500.

Thanks for your time,
CFB

first received text message 6043437784

hi.the 1990 Volkswagen Westfalia GL with 134600kms is still available for 3500$. Actually this is my uncles van. Please contact him at [email protected] thank you very much

then recived email from Michael B Duarte <[email protected]>

nice to find you guys thanks