Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331662 by RentalAlerts Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 am
Hello,
>
> Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment.
>
> I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in Sir John Rogerson Quay Apartment, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 2
>
> I worked in Ireland in the last 5 years and bought this apartment during my staying in Ireland.
> I'm renting the place for unlimited time but right now the flat is inhabited and will be available from 30 June.
> Before we go any further I would like to know more about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the place, for how long?
> The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 1000 Euro/month. "security deposit" is also 1000 Euro. And you get it back, when you decide to leave from the apartment
> You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated storeroom, where you can put my furniture.
> Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Damien Ludovic, I was born in Switzerland I am Deputy General Manager at www.skyscanner.ch
> The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave of Switzerland where I am now even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training. But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent you the apartment from here.
> If you are still interested to rent my place i will explain you how we will do this after I get more information's about you.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you soon.
>
> Thank You!Damien Ludovic
> Deputy General Manager
> www.skyscanner.ch
Advertisement

#331837 by sll Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 pm
This guy emailed me the same message after I sent an inquiry regarding the advert. He sent me another long email telling me about how he cannot meet up in person due to his job as a Manager for skyscanner so we have to transact thru airbnb. Good thing I did my research and found out he is a scammer.