Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331795 by Michelle Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 am

Hello,

I agree to rent you my flat . I require 1 month deposit & one month rent in advance £650.00 + £650.00 = £1300.00. Deposit is fully refundable at the end of your stay.
You must have the money (1300 £) ready into your bank account.

As I told you in my first e-mail, I am in Malta with my work. Before leaving England I had prearranged the deal with Airbnb Inc. ( www.airbnb.co.uk ) so my presence in England isn't necessary. The keys and the contract is in their possession.

Once your deposit has been received by Airbnb Inc. they will deliver the keys/contract or an Airbnb agent will meet you at the property address to show you the flat and sign the lease contract with you in my behalf. At this point there might be two possible situations:
1. If you like the property, you can sign the contract (send me one copy) and move-in;
2. Otherwise, Airbnb , Inc. will fully refund your deposit.

However, you will receive the procedure overview and payment instructions from Airbnb , Inc. Using the reference given by the company, you can track your money within their records anytime.

To book my flat I would need this info from you:
- your full name, address
- current address
- valid email address
- phone number
- exact move in date
- exact move out date

Afterwards you will receive all info and guidelines by email from Airbnb , Inc.
PS: As I said : Viewing without booking confirmed/paid is not available!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement