Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331970 by Michelle Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:54 am
Clarke Steven <[email protected]> wrote:

Greetings,

Grace and peace to you from God our Father, through Jesus Christ our Lord and risen Savior, Amen.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding my rental home located at 7 Vernon St, Hudson, NH 03051. My name is Clarke Steven and my wife's name is Annabel Steven. I serve as the Council Secretary at Our Savior's Lutheran Church and my wife works at the Volunteer department, I'm telling you this so you could get to know who we are. I would like you to know we just moved to Maryland. Due to the Church projects going on in Laurel, Beltsville, Annapolis, Maryland. and we are going to be in Maryland for at least a minimum of Six years before we complete our assignment. This has been the reason why we are given out our beautiful home to bless a God fearing family that are homeless or that probably need a place to call home. We are looking for responsible tenant who will take over the house in our absence and take absolute care of the property while we are away. As a matter of fact, My wife and I are handling the renting together, because my wife and I want to be sure of whom will be taking over the property in our absence.

House address: 27 Vernon St, Hudson, NH 03051
Rent per month: $900
Security deposit: $900
Total move in cost: $1800
Large 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
All utilities are included in the rent.

RENTAL APPLICATION

Applicant Personal Information
First Name: _________________________
Middle Name: _______________________
Last Name: __________________________
Profession: __________________________
Monthly Income: _____________________
Cell Phone: __________________________
Home Phone: ________________________
Kids: ____ (Yes/No), how many: ________
Do you have a car: ___________ (Yes/No), how many: ____________
How many people will be living in the house: __________

Rental History
Present Address: _____________________
City: _______________
State: _________________________
Zip-code: ______________________
How long at your present address:
______________________________ __________________?
Why are you moving: ______________________________ _____________________________?
Landlord Name and Phone: ______________________________ ________________________

Pet
Name of pet: ___________________
Kinds of pet: ___________________

Habits
Do you drink: ___________ (Yes/No)
Do you smoke: __________ (Yes/No)
Do you do drugs: _________ (Yes/No)
Do you work late night: __________ (Yes/No)

Miscellaneous
How long do you intend staying: ___________?
When do you intend to move in: ___________?
Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hands: ___________?
Are you section 8 Applicant: __________?
Do you agree to put a down payment to get the keys and documents of the house: ___________?
When do you want to receive the keys and documents: ____________________?

I certify that the answers I have given in this application are true and correct. I authorize verification of the information provided in this application to determine my eligibility. I understand that if any part of my application has been falsified, it shall be grounds for denial of residency, or future eviction if discovered after moving into the property. I understand that a home will continue to be offered for lease until I have paid a deposit to hold the home for my move in.

We look forward to hear from you soonest at your convenient with the rental application form above filled out so we can discuss further with the renting process. Please you can only drive by to look at the house from the outside for now if you would like to view the house or to verify the address because is currently locked for security purpose.

Thank you and God be with you.

Mr and Mrs STEVEN.

You can reach me at: (484)-243-0286.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement