Room for Rent and other rental scams
#332215 by Michelle Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks for getting back to me regarding my apartment, I am sorry for my late response to your email as i have been busy lately, It gives me great joy to know that you are interested in my lovely apartment, I am REV. ABEL JOHN, the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of. Presently my apartment is still available for rent and ready for immediately occupancy for just 800 USD (rent already includes utilities).. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because i am not too keen about the amount in renting the apartment out but to whom i am renting the apartment out to take great care of it and i put the apartment up for sale before now but had to change my mind as my wife is not OK with us selling the apartment so my intention is to rent my apartment to someone that is responsible and be ready to take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers, that is why the rent is low. and I plan to rent it through Real estate, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of property to lease out and they also put our apartment in a higher rate while there commission is not fair. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the apartment. The apartment is available for 5 years for now but you can live there to the period of time you wish and you can also move out as long as you can, you just need to inform me a month before you live so that i can look for another tenant like you do.

I would like you to know that i am giving this apartment out for rent because i have been transferred to NAIROBI, KENYA on a Missionary Work by my church. My wife came here to join me with my kids after some months i was transfer because My Father is ill and my brother's have take him to Argentina for surgery. and if not because of this, I wouldn't have been renting the apartment out because me and my family resides in the apartment and we love the apartment so much. Me and my family have decided that we would be moving to our other home in Las Vegas, NV when we get back to the states, I would like you to complete the tenant application form below and please be honest with the details to enable us choose the right tenant.

This is the address of the Apartment (729 Dayton Ave APT 1, Saint Paul, MN 55104) It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout. Nice and light! Very quiet, low traffic area. I believe its absolutely a perfect place for you and your family.Utilities include Electric,Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas Etc....

Number of Bedrooms: 2
Pets are welcome!!!

SO COMPLETE THE TENANT RENTAL APPLICATION FORM BELOW IF YOU REALLY INTERESTED IN RENTING IT:

FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:___________?
LAST NAME:_____________________?
PROFESSION:______________________?
BEST NUMBER TO REACH YOU:______________________?
PRESENT ADDRESS:________ ?
HOW MANY WILL BE MOVE IN:________?
AGE'S:__________________?
PETS:_________ ?
HOW MANY?_______?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?
MOVE IN DATE____________________________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE RENT AND DEPOSIT PAYMENT SEND TO ME___________________________?
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENT OF THE APARTMENT___________________________?

The Landlord is authorized to use the information provided herein to conduct any and all investigations as deemed prudent by the Landlord.
The apartment is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to. A Deposit of $800 (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in. Arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you. The apartment will be available for rent for a period of 5 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there. You can drive by the apartment anytime to see the surroundings and the area since I am not in the State/Country and We don't have any trustee to show you the inside of the apartment for now.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. You can call or text us for more information on the rental on our USA roamed number as we are in KENYA already on (518) 880-2605.

I hope to hear from you soonest. God Bless You,

REV. ABEL JOHN...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."Proverbs 3: 5-7.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement