Room for Rent and other rental scams
#332703 by Bryon Williams Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 am
Estrella Cruz < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiries. This furnished one bedroom apartment cost 450euros per month (can keep 4 guests)! Balcony! Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, Microwave, fridge, oven, very close to city center you will find everything you need in this area. All cost for this apartment are included in the rent: Electricity, Gas, Water, Heating, Air conditioning, Internet with wiFi + cable TV 180 programs. Extra you have a paid Parking place. additional cost 500euros for security deposit payment which is refundable at the end of your lease.

However, I left for United States Florida due to a Financial analysis position within an America company for 1-2 years term period. this is why i decided to rent out the unit. as a matter of fact the unit is locked up at the moment and i have the keys with me, but i will urge you to please drive by the house address and take a look at it from outside and the beautiful environment and get back to me if you really like the neighborhood, attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how the inside looks like.

The apartment is located at (Dintelstraat 164, 1079 BD Amsterdam, Netherlands) situated on the 2nd floor of the building, You can also register with my address.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender?
How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month's rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

I will be waiting for your good response soon so that i can explain to you more on how to reserved the flat. you can simply reach me on my phone number below for further discussion on the apartment.

Thanks and have a Great day!
Estrella Cruz
Financial analysis (Harry Chapin Food Bank)
Call / Text: (323) 438-5925

Subject: Re: Apartment enquiry
To: xxxxxx

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and also for the introduction of your self.

A little more about me:
My name is Estrella Cruz, I am 49 years old American / Dutch, I was born in United state Missouri but i also live in Sydney Australia for few years, I am married with one daughter, am nice, faithful, loyal, honest, caring, open minded, I work with (Harry Chapin Food Bank)

I am renting out the apartment to you directly because i am tired of using agents, the agent inflates the price and it takes longer to rent out and also his not competent enough to handle the welfare of my property. because of this reason and more i had took the keys and documents along with me here.

For you to reserved the apartment, we will both sign a rental agreement which will be prepared by my lawyer because this will stand as guarantee for both of us. After that i will shipped the keys to your address via DHL courier service which will arrived (1-2 days delivery) After the payment of your first month rent and the security deposit has been confirmed by bank wire transfer or Cash via MoneyGram payment system inc.

Fill out the below information in order to proceed with the rental agreement?

Your full name:
Your full address:
Nationality:
Passport id:
Phone number:
Date of birth:
Move in date and out:
Earliest possible date of deposit payment:

Please, reconfirm your delivery address with care as this will be used for the shipping processing of the keys and house documentations after we must have concluded the tenancy rental agreement contract. If i didn't response to your call that means i am busy at work. Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Estrella Cruz
Call / Text: (323) 438-5925

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#337018 by Bryon Williams Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 am
Subject: Re: Rent in Amsterdam

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiries. This furnished one bedroom 70 m2 apartment
cost 450euros per month (can keep 4 guests)! Features units with
Balcony, double pane windows, equipped kitchen including all tableware,
washing machine, Internet, tv, wifi, electric cooker, micro-wave,
fridge. Bathroom features new vanities, toilets, tub. few minute walk to
the city center. near bars, restaurants, supermarkets, stores.

Bills included in the rent: Electricity, Gas, Water, Heating, Air
conditioning, Internet with wiFi + cable TV 180 programs. Extra you have
a paid Parking place. additional cost 500euros for security deposit
payment which is refundable at the end of your lease while moving out
without any lost or damage of my properties.

However, I left for United States Florida due to a Financial analysis
position within an America company for 1-2 years term period. this is
why i decided to rent out the unit. as a matter of fact the unit is
locked up at the moment and i have the keys with me, but i will urge you
to please drive by the house address and take a look at it from outside
and the beautiful environment and get back to me if you really like the
neighborhood, attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea
how the inside looks like.

The apartment is located at (Dintelstraat 164, 1079 BD Amsterdam,
Netherlands) situated on the 2nd floor of the building, You can also
register with my address.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about
yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender and How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month's rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

I will be waiting for your good response soon so that i can explain to
you more on how to reserved the flat. you can simply reach me on my
phone number below for further discussion on the apartment.

Thanks and have a Great day!
Estrella Cruz
Call / Text: (424) 277-9192
http://www.harrychapinfoodbank.org

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/