Room for Rent and other rental scams
#333051 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm
Sr Toron < [email protected] > wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the interest you have shown to our apartment and I can confirm that after reading your information we agree to pay you a visit and hope you are our new tenant. The lease will be granted as desired. The day of the visit I will be present with title of the apartment and the lease then you will sign if our home is right for you after the visit, and as I have explained in my first mail I am in Paris and I am available to come to Canada , so the visit can take place between Saturday & Monday. The visit will be scheduled according to your availability. I hope it suits you. When we meet you bring with you: The payment of the deposit of one month rent + 1 month deposit (refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month's rent) make sure to send me your effective date for the visit. so that we can comply with for the rest and explain how it will unfold. Thank you to tell me if you have Skype so we can discuss all other details.

Sr Toron < [email protected] > wrote:

According to your Availability your visit will be held on Saturday at 06:00 PM .When visiting and signing the contract you must possess:

- deposit of one month's rent + 1 month deposit

- A photocopy of your passport or identity

- Pay slip if possible.

So the payment of the deposit and the rent it will be after the visit and the signing of the lease , because you cannot pay without visiting it fo course . So the payment will be after the signing of the lease with your approval after visiting the apartment and make sure to have the receipt of western union with you, If I say that is because I have made appointments dishonest people that made me move for nothing and others do not have the money or others do not come at all to the meeting. I'm not saying that you are like them, but understand that I leave Paris ( FRANCE ) to come , I also let my business so I do not want to move to finally do not see anyone.

-As for Western Union it is very simple you just have to go to the agency and ask to have a mandate to send you will be given a sheet to fill out with your contact details and my details and then the amount. After they give you a printed receipt on which there is a MTCN CODE also called Password which is the basis for the withdrawal of the money you have to deposit there then understand therefore a deposit of Western Union has no financial commitment and as long as you do not give the receipt and the WU MTCN CODE, nobody but you will not be able to touch your money that you have at Western Union and this is just a guarantee to show me your interest. ( More details in Attachment )

- So after completing the term you will bring the receipt and you will come to the appointment with all your files. After the visit of the apartment if it suited you will sign the lease and you take the keys and then you leave me your files and also the receipt of the mandate of western union so I can go to the Western Union to withdraw the money .

- But if you didn’t like the apartment which i am sure you will like it because I know what I say, I will refund your shipping charges and you return to the Western Union collect your money deposit W U. So if it suits you answer me so I can send you may contact information to prepare the mandate as this will prove to me that you really looking for an apartment to rent. Waiting to hear from you.

PS: Once I am in the Place with the Title of property you could check with the authority before signing any lease.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement