Room for Rent and other rental scams
#333605 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:39 am
Sent: July 10, 2017 5:01 PM
Subject: Furnished 1Bedroom All Inclusive For Rent LUXURY

Hi

I have taken note of your email. It is a apartment 1 BEDROOM close to all shops and amenities. The apartment is very clean as in the pictures it was occupied by my daughter. The rent is $ 500 expenses included (heating, hot water, electricity, high speed Internet access Wi-Fi, telephone, cable TV, 5 Electro, parking etc. . .) The reason for this potential rent is not to leave the apartment empty and not maintained since my daughter was in the apartment she had just joined me in Paris (FRANCE) for her studies for 5 Years. The apartment can be rented furnished or empty as you like. I also want to tell you that you have to give a guarantee of one month deposit (which is refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month's rent). Regarding the visit, I will make an appointment with you to visit the apartment and eventually move on to the signing of the lease and the keys to the apartment. I am flexible in the lease, you can move when you want the next week or early in Auguste - September . Please let me know if you're still interested I'll let you in the next message the list of documents required and a date for the appointment.

The following information is required for the first visit:

LAST NAME:
FIRST NAME :
PHONE AT HOME:
NATIONALITY:
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE STUDIO:
TERM OF THE LEASE (Flexible):
CURRENT ADRESS :

CURRENT ADDRESS: Address of the Apartment: ( 50 Lombard Street , Toronto , ON , Canada ) and know that the apartment is available immediately. The tour can be done this week if you want.

Underground Path, Distillery District & Much More. Bright, Elegant & Spacious Unit, 9' Ft Ceilings-Generous Balcony To Enjoy Summer Days/Evengs, Impeccable-Modern Amenities: Indoor Pool, Sauna, Concierge, Yoga, Rooftop Deck- Direct Access To Subway-Restaurants, Shops, Cafes, Yorkville.Bachelor Studio 1 Bedroom 50 Lombard St, Located Steps From St. Lawrence Market, . South/East Corner Unit With Floor-To-Ceiling Windows, Wrap-Around Balcony, 1 Generously-Sized Bedrooms, 1 Full Bath, Hardwood Throughout & 9' Ceilings. Excellent Building Amenities. Walking Distance To Subway, Grocery Stores, Financial District.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#350825 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:14 pm
Listing site contact information [email protected]

Pour plus de renseignement sur l'appartement merci de contactez sur ce courriel : [email protected] Situé en plein cœur du plateau sur St-Denis, entre Mont-Royal et Marie-Anne, ce superbe condominium… Spacieux 3 1/2 sur le Plateau - Très lumineux !! Électros inclus. $895.00. Spacieux 3 1/2 sur le Plateau - Très ..

For more information on the apartment thank you to contact on this email: [email protected] Located in the heart of the plateau on St-Denis, between Mont-Royal and Marie-Anne, this beautiful condominium ... Spacious 3 1/2 on the Plateau - Very bright !! Electros included. $ 895.00. Spacious 3 1/2 on the Plateau - Very ...

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#352158 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm
Also using this email address: [email protected]

Subject: Re: Luxury 1 Bdr. SUPER Loft Furnished

Hi

Thank you for the interest you have shown to our apartment and I can confirm that after reading your information we agree to pay you a visit and hope you are our new tenant. The lease will be granted as desired. The day of the visit I will be present with title of the apartment and the lease then you will sign if our home is right for you after the visit, and as I have explained in my first mail I am in Paris and I am available to come to Canada , so the visit can take place between Saturday & Monday . The visit will be scheduled according to your availability. I hope it suits you. When we meet you bring with you: The payment of the deposit of one month rent + 1 month deposit (refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month's rent) make sure to send me your effective date for the visit. so that we can comply with for the rest and explain how it will unfold. Thank you to tell me if you have Skype so we can discuss all other details.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.