Room for Rent and other rental scams
#333685 by Michelle Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:31 am
Damien & Caroline Wilson <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
> Hello Mrs Banks, thank you for your email regarding our 1 bed flat from Fitzjohn Close Guildford GU4 7HB.
>
> As requested, you can find property brochure attached.
>
> The monthly rent is £900 which includes all the utilities - water, electricity and council tax.
>
> This flat was purchased by me and my wife, for our daughter, who graduated university last year and now the property is empty. We are in Thurso, but you can go today and check the area and all the surroundings to see if the location suits your needs.
>
> Could you tell us for how long are you looking to stay and how many persons ?
>
> Many thanks,
> Damien & Caroline Wilson

Damien & Caroline Wilson <[email protected]> wrote:

Ok Michelle. Before sending you the reservation request through TripAdvisor, would you like to explain the entire process to avoid any misunderstandings ?

We will try to explain all the steps, one by one.

- We will send you a reservation request through TripAdvisor system for 2 months of rent ( £1,800 );

- The 2 months deposit payable to TripAdvisor covers the first month of rent plus one month security deposit. The security deposit is fully refundable at the end of the agreement or it can serve as a last month rent at the end of the agreement;

- After you will complete the booking online, and after you will deposit the funds through their secure system, TripAdvisor will provide you a few viewing dates available for the viewing. We will then book a flight ticket so we can meet. In case there is something that you do not like, you can have a full refund in the same day, but we reassure you that the property is very beautiful and clean!

- Like mentioned several times a viewing before booking is not possible since we are not there, but TripAdvisor is guaranteeing the whole transaction between us. You can read here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/pages/pay ... neral.html

The contract will be very flexible so you can renew it every 6 or 12 months without modifying the price. I will reserve it for you, and I will send the reservation request so you can book it. If interested, I would need to ask you your passport or ID, to prepare the tenancy agreement.
If you have any questions regarding the TripAdvisor process or tenancy agreement please feel free to leave your phone and specify when would you like to be called.

Greetings,
Damien & Caroline Wilson

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement