Room for Rent and other rental scams
#334323 by Michelle Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:25 am
Airbnb.com <[email protected]>

Dear customer,

Thank you for providing us the payment confirmation. In the next 24 hours we will provide the DHL tracking number. For any questions do not hesitate to contact us

Thank you

Airbnb Team

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#336084 by Michelle Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 am

Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host​, Jenna Kempen, has been approved and it is ready to go. Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

HOST INFORMATION Verified ID

Name:
Jenna Kempen

Contact address: ​​​​101 Carter Lane London EC4V 5EP United Kingdom

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of CZK 12419.00 has to be sent by Money Gram transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.
How to complete the payment?
Our department require the payment to be done through MoneyGram money transfer service:
We have assigned an international agent to your transaction. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Greece, Spain, Austria, France, Australia, Japan,Portugal,Czech Republic. The first available agent will handle the deposit for this transaction.
The payment will be made by MoneyGram money transfer service directly to our agent.

1. Please locate the nearest MoneyGram Office and make the deposit.
2. Make the payment using our Airbnb Verified Agent Details (name and address) as receiver.

Airbnb Properties Department Verified Agent Details:

Agent Name: Tomas Lezon
Agent Address: 1A Wellspring Crescent
City: London
Zip Code: HA9 9UW

3. E-mail us the transfer details for the verification with the following information from the MoneyGram receipt by replying to this message

- Reference Number - 8 digit number
- Sender's full name and address
- Receiver's full name (Airbnb Properties Limited Agent)
- Total amount sent

4. Please reply to this email with the scanned copy of the receipt you receive it from MoneyGram office .

Cancellation Policy
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#351914 by Michelle Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 am
[email protected]

Please review the rental details below and contact your host, Clarissa Hatory, to confirm the payment and arrival details. Finish the booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

HOST INFORMATION
Clarissa Hatory
​​​​101 Carter Lane London EC4V 5EP United Kingdom

I’m married and i have 2 beautiful kids.
I am a clean and quiet person. I love to travel and spend time with my family.

In order to validate your booking the payment of PLN 2100.00 must be done within 24 hours by international bank wire transfer to our secure account:

Account Name:
BANK NAME:
IBAN:
SWIFT CODE / BIC:
ADDRESS:
ALAM KASHIF
POSTE ITALIANE SPA
IT61E0760103200001040269696
BPPIITRRXXX
Viale Europa, 190, 00144 Roma

IMPORTANT! - Please use the fast option ( ​URGENT /​ EXPRESS​ ) to transfer the money. In this way the bank will process your payment in 24 hours and we can move fast with the ​transaction.​​
Send the scanned receipt to [email protected] in order to register the payment.
Once our bank will confirm the transfer we will inform the host that you are a verified tenant and the rental agreement can be completed.

After the payment is confirmed, our agent will contact you to meet and visit the apartment;
- If accepted: you will sign the contract with the agent and he will give you the papers and keys.
- If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb will give you a full refund of the deposit.

If you have any problem or delay in the payment procedure, please reply to us immediately!

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#351936 by Michelle Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 pm
"Airbnb.com" <[email protected]>

Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host​, Clarissa Hatory, has been approved and it is ready to go. Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

PAYMENT INFORMATION

In order to validate your booking payment of PLN 1960.00 has to be sent by Western Union transfer in the next 24 hours in order to validate your booking.
How to complete the payment?
Our department require the payment to be done through Western Union money transfer service:
We have assigned an international agent to your transaction. We have escrow agents in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Greece, Spain, Austria, France, Australia, Japan,Portugal,Czech Republic. The first available agent will handle the deposit for this transaction.
The payment will be made by Western Union money transfer service directly to our agent.

1. Please locate the nearest Western Union Office and make the deposit.
2. Make the payment using our Airbnb Verified Agent Details (name and address) as receiver.

Airbnb Properties Department Verified Agent Details:

Agent Name: Filip Mikola
Agent Address: 1A Wellspring Crescent
City: London
Zip Code: HA9 9UW

3. E-mail us the transfer details for the verification with the following information from the Western Union receipt by replying to this message

- MTCN Number - 10 digit number
- Sender's full name and address
- Receiver's full name (Airbnb Properties Limited Agent)
- Total amount sent

4. Please reply to this email with the scanned copy of the receipt you receive it from Western Union office .

Cancellation Policy
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team