Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336363 by Michelle Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 am
From: [email protected] [ mailto:[email protected] ] On behalf of Sanz Schevernels Felipe

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. I am pleased to inform you that the apartment is available for long and short-term rental is available. The apartment is located on Hessenring 25 63071 Offenbach am Main, is fully furnished and recently renovated, as we saw in the photos. If you have your own furniture, you can bring you and I will find a way to deposit my furniture. This is a 2 room apartment (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, 1 basement). The utilities (water, electricity, wireless, digital TV, an underground parking space) are provided in the monthly rental included 360 EUR / month. I want a "deposit" of 720 EUR, refundable when you move. I want to tell you from the outset that I'm not working with Job Center. In the meantime, you can please confirm the following:
· How would live on the property many people?
· When would you like to move? (Check in date)
· Rent What criteria / length you want?
· Do you have pets?
· When are your most appropriate hours / day, to see the property?
If you are interested on, please give me some information about yourself (age, profession, lifestyle or whatever you think makes a good tenant).
I use google translate in German write if you speak English or Spanish, please come back to me in English.

Friendly greetings from Spain!

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement