Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336718 by Michelle Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 am

Hi again,

Sounds good, but as I said, I live in Madrid / Spain and unfortunately i cant be present to deal in person. For me this won't be a problem, as i can arrange to rent the apartment from Spain through AIRBNB, (i'll pay some extra fees for this type of service), which is the biggest international website dealing specifically in rentals properties.

I hope you are familiar with Airbnb, but if not i'll explain you how it works..
If you decide to proceed with this transaction, I will need your phone number along with your full name, and the time period you intend to live there as well as the move in date you prefer. Then I will start the process through Airbnb here in Spain, providing them your information. Next you will receive a notification message from them, containing a receipt with all the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete the process and receive the keys and the rental contract.

Regarding the payment, you will get all the necessarily steps on the invoice, so you can complete the deposit for the first month along with the warranty, following the payment instructions from AIRBNB. They will hold and insure your deposit until you check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not.
As soon as you will complete the deposit of $1,100 + $1,100 = $2,200 to Airbnb, an agent from them will meet and show you the property. You will be given one day inspection period to take a decision and in case of any reason you will not be satisfied with the apartment (but i don't think so), next day the total amount will be refunded to you by Airbnb, without any fees from your side. If you'll like the flat then you can keep the keys, sign the contract, and we will fix a date for the next monthly payments, that it has to be done by you directly to my personal bank account, or thru Airbnb if you prefer this way.

This is the only way i can proceed, so hopefully you will find it ok in order to secure the apt in your favor...

Let me know,
Luis

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#336745 by Michelle Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:49 pm

I accept your proposal to make the deposit only for the security right now, and to make the payment for the first month of rent as soon as you will check the place in case you will decide to keep it.

If you will decide to proceed, send me please your complete name along with the move in date you want to start, and the period of time you intend to live there, in order to set up the reservation for you through AIRBNB.

Airbnb will notify you through a digital contract by email, with all the instructions and details you may need in order to finalise the booking and reserve the apt in your favour.

Let me know,
Luis Gregorio

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.