Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336823 by Michelle Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am
Magnar Norgaard <[email protected]>:
Hello,

First I want to thank you , for your interest, about my apartment.
In the beginning I want to clarify the principal details.
The price of the apartment is 10000 czk + 2000 czk = 12000 czk and the apartment is situated in Praha 6, Dejvice, Zelená
In the price is included everything : water, electricity, internet and parking .
The apartment is fully furnished and equipped , like in photos .
If you are satisfied with these information , let me know, to can continue the conversation.

Thank you , and have a nice day

Hello,

To can complete this deal we will use the biggest estate agency from world , Airbnb ( www.airbnb.com )

I chose this option because ,we would like to tell you what we happened last week, a bad story. We was in Czech Republic last week because we had to meet with a family who wanted to rent the apartment but when
we arrived there, this family never answered the phone. As you can imagine we lost a lot of money (plane ticket, taxi...etc...).

In next words I will explain you how works Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com/trust) . They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With this procedure you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment.

1. To can an register the transaction with Airbnb I need :

- your full name and full address ( address , city , zip code , country ) ;
- a copy of your ID ( Airbnb need to verify your details )
- your phone # (a valid mobile number where Airbnb can contact you);
- the exact date from when you want to move there
- how many person will live there

2 . I will go at Airbnb to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.

3 . Airbnb will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department . They will also confirm that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.

4 . After this Airbnb will send you the link with my listing on their website. There you can book my apartment. To can book it they will ask for a safety deposit equal with 3 rental months . This three months represents the period of accommodation and the deposit will remain for the payment for this first 3 months. After this 3 months if everything will be fine , and you want to remain in my apartment , we will extand the period , for long term .

5. The deposit is just a formality and it won't obligate you to rent the apartment , it is a safety deposit, just to be sure that this is not a joke and I don't pay the transport taxes for nothing to an address that doesn't exist . And in this way will be sure for both , because the money will remain at Airbnb until you will see the apartment, and only after this ,if everything will be fine , I will receive the money.

5. After the deposit is done , one of Airbnb agents will come with keys and with rental contract at your home , in 4 days.

6 . After this you will go with this agent to see the apartment , and if everything will be ok you will sign the contract .

7. If something will be wrong , and you don't want to rent the apartment , the Airbnb agent ,will give you , your money back , and will give me back the keys.

Let me know if everything is clear ?

Thank you

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement