Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336825 by Michelle Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 am
Mathias Simonsen <[email protected]>:
>
>
> How are you today ? Thank you for your interest in renting my apartment!
> I bought this apartment for my daughter when she was studying in Germany, but now she returned permanently. For this reason, I rent the apartment for an unlimited period of time and look for someone who wants to enter into a long-term lease.
>
> The apartment is fully furnished, and it is in very good condition; As can be seen in the photos. It has 3 rooms: 2 bedrooms, 1 open living room and kitchen, 1 bathroom (total 100 m² living space). You can use my furniture or you can bring your own if you wish. If you decide to bring your own, I can relocate my furniture in the large basement cellar. The apartment has its own parking space for one car.
>
> In addition, it is extremely important to point out that all additional costs (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband internet, digital TV, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, fridge, washing machine, etc.) in the rental price of 1710 euros per Month.
> The deposit is also € 1710 and you will be refunded if you decide to move out of the apartment (you must inform me at least 30 days in advance).
> For my part, you can be completely reassured, as I would never ask you to leave the apartment.
>
> All other information about you is appreciated. I am not interested in making a lot of money from the rental as I am interested in finding a reliable tenant who will take good care of the apartment for minimum 2 months and max 5 to 10 years, could either be students or workers with families.
>
> Please answer me if you are interested in renting the apartment.
>
>
> Best regards
> Mathias S.

And thank you for the interest you showed in my apartment. Before discussing further details, however, I would very much like to know how many people and how long you would like to use the apartment together.

First, a few details about my person: My name is Mathias Simonsen, I am 58 years old and work as an engineer with the Danish Navy. However, I intend to retire in the next 2-3 years. I have an adorable woman (Silke) as well as a daughter and a son (Franca and Kais) and I am happy to be able to call me a proud grandfather. Another member of our family is a six year old Labrador Retriever, which we all deeply in our heart. Since I own a pet myself, I would not have a problem with it if you want to keep a pet in the house.

Last year my apartment was rented through Airbnb agency by some students from Japan and now they left. So, my whole apartment is available and you can rent/book through Airbnb for more than 5 years.

I would like to use Airbnb again because they are currently managing my property for the next 5 years.

Using Airbnb Renting System both parties are fully protected, because they will hold the funds until you visit my apartment and sign the rental contract.

Let me explain you the process step by step for a better understanding:

1. I will list my apartment on Airbnb webiste for EUR 1700 per month with bills included for whole apartment. The rental contract can be made for at least 2 months - up to 5 years ( You can rent unfurnished if you take it for min 6 months ).
2. You will have to pay 2 months deposit (3400 EUR) to Airbnb in order to confirm your booking. This 2 months deposit covers ( 1 months of rent + 1 month security deposit)
3. All the taxes and bills are included in the rental price; It includes also 1 parking places;
4. This process will end after you visit my apartment and sign the rental contract.

- If you will not agree with the rental agreement or don't like my apartment the Airbnb agency will refund your money in full.

- Like mentioned several times a viewing before booking is not possible since I'm not there, but Airbnb is guaranteeing the whole transaction between us.

So if you want to make this offer, please log on to www.airbnb.com and send me the following details:

Full name:
Delivery address:
Airbnb Username:
Phone number:
Identity card or passport copy

After I receive your details, I will forward them to Airbnb and I will continue the order. Airbnb will contact you with the Airbnb listing so you can rent/book it at your convenience.

P.S. I add a picture of my documents and my family, so you can get an idea of the person behind the e-mail.

Also If you want, I could give you my phone number and talk on whatsapp.

Thank you for taking the time, I wish you a good day.
Mathias S.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement