Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336989 by Michelle Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am
Van: Airbnb Inc <[email protected]>

Airbnb

Hello

My name is Erica Neves, from Airbnb support.
We are contacting you regarding your booking:
We received your booking, your bank does not authorize the payment.
The second option is the Bank transfer, when you made the reservation we generated our bank account and we sent an email with your booking.
We expect the payment information after you make the transfer with 1.419.00 Eur to confirm your reservation.
IMPORTANT:
In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "419" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host. .
Make sure that in your banking interface HPME's banking info are exactly the same as below.
Thanks for using Airbnb.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#343498 by Michelle Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm
Airbnb Inc <[email protected]>

Owner Information:

First and last Name: Claire Hardy
E-mail: [email protected]

Payment
Your reservation has been accepted, please send the payment to Airbnb by bank transfer within the next 24 hours. The payment is processed and collected by Airbnb in full. The security of your funds is ensured, and you’ll be protected by policies, such as cancellation policies and the Guest Refund Policy.
Please find our bank details below:

Account Holder: Lucia Magliocco
Bank Name: ING BANK
IBAN: IT78Z0347501605000329205082
Swift/BIC: INGBITD1XXX
Bank Address: VIA ARBE 20125, MILANO, ITALIA
IMPORTANT: In order for our system to easily identify your payment, please use the following reference "419" when performing the transfer. No other words, spaces or dashes. Once the bank wire transfer has been made please email a copy of the receipt to your host. Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date. Airbnb Payments is a limited payment agent of the Host.

Whether the reservation is two days or two months away, we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before releasing the funds. This gives both parties time to do a walkthrough upon check-in and make sure that everything is as expected. The host will receive full payment from Airbnb 24 hours after you check in. Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud up to €20,000.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.