Room for Rent and other rental scams
#336999 by Michelle Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

How are you doing? After reading your email, I can offer you a room in the fully furnished shared three bedroom apartment which is available for your stay in the city. The price of the rooms goes for 450€ for ROOM 1 while ROOM 2 goes for 400€. The price is inclusive of electricity, gas and bed linen/towels, dinnerware, WIFI, all bills, etc...And a security deposit of 700€.

Apartment Description:

The apartment is fully furnished. There are three bedrooms, three bathrooms,a kitchen and a living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with a dishwasher,washing machine and a dryer. The sleeping arrangements are: three double beds in three bedrooms with three separate bathrooms. Each bedroom with private bathroom. The apartment will be shared by three people.

Apartment Location:

This apartment is set on a street that is not far from center, universities, transportation, shopping, cinema, etc...... The address is Kiiltokalliontie 32a, 02180, Espoo, Finland. This is a very smart and safe area. There are stores that is open night and day, cafes, bars and restaurants and a convenience store /mini-market is a 2 minutes walk.

WHY MY APARTMENT ?

Live your own way in a vibrant international community with loads of opportunities to meet new people. Relax in your room and build your own nest in a Well-designed, secure and comfortable apartment. Have all your maintenance needs taken care by me, feel very safe and secure with the friendly environment. Going to weekly events, movie nights, parties. Surf the net to your heart's content with extra-fast WIFI, use washing machine as you want it.

Attached to this mail are the pictures of the rooms and the apartment as a whole for you to view. There is a procedure to follow for the room to be reserved for you upon your arrival. I am currently in South Sudan on an humanitarian service to assist the vulnerable women and children but I will be back to the city.

Regards.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#363412 by Michelle Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:17 am

Thank you very much for your inquiry. I can offer you the fully furnished one bedroom apartment which is available for your stay. The price goes for 525€ per month plus a security deposit of 700€ . The price is inclusive of electricity, gas and bed linen/towels, dinnerware, wireless internet access, and all bills.

Apartment Description:
The apartment is fully furnished. There is a bedroom, a bathroom and a living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with a dishwasher,washing machine and a dryer.

Apartment Location:
The apartment is set on a street that is not far from the centre universities, transportation, shopping, cinema, etc.... The address is 217 St Paul St, Valletta, Malta. This is a very smart and safe area. There are stores that is open night and day, with a mix of attractions inn, stores that is open night and day, cafes, bars and restaurants. A 24 hour large supermarket is within 10 min walk, and a convenience store /mini-market is a 2 minutes walk.

WHY MY APARTMENT ?
Live your own way in a vibrant international community with loads of opportunities to meet new people. Relax in your apartment and build your own nest in a Well-designed, secure and comfortable apartment. Have all your maintenance needs taken care by me, feel very safe and secure with the friendly environment. Going to weekly events, movie nights, parties. Surf the net to your heart's content with extra-fast wireless internet access, use washing machine as you want it.

Attached to this mail are the pictures of the apartment as a whole for you to view. There is a procedure to follow for the apartment to be reserved for you upon your arrival. I am currently in Bristol, United Kingdom on a business trip but I will be back to Malta before your arrival into the apartment. Here is my Whats app number +447418323776, you can contact me via chat, call or text message for easy and fast discussion.

Regards.

Harri.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.