Room for Rent and other rental scams
#337909 by Bryon Williams Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm
anourath Viluethpad < [email protected] > wrote:
Thanks for your email and interest in renting my apartment..I am the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now. Presently my apartment is still available for rent (rent already includes utilities).More so Now, I'm currently in United States

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word..

Security Deposit: $400 (which is Refundable)

Pets Allowed:Dogs and Cats.

Available :Available Now for move in.

Both rooms

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows.nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet.....Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas Etc....

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

RENT APPLICATION FORM.

FIRST NAME:__________

MIDDLE NAME:__________

LAST NAME:__________

(CELL)PHONE__________

KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________

PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________

CITY: _______________

STATE:______________

ZIP CODE: ____________

WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________

HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?

HOW MANY MONTH RENT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY UPFRONT_________

HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT FEES TO SECURE IT________

DO YOU HAVE PET _________

DO YOU SMOKE ______________

DO YOU DRINK ______________

DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT _________

PICTURES OF OCCUPANT _____________

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

The apartment is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to.A Deposit of $400(which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in. Arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.The apartment will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there.

God Bless

Subject: Re: Beautiful 2 bedrooms apartment at Bloor West Village

Hello xxxxxx,

How are you doing today? I just want you to know that i can see your willingness in this rent,I and my wife have decided to give you our house due to your manner of approach and prompt attitude in getting things done.

We want to thank you for the interest you have shown toward renting our house and i pray and believe that our house will be a blessing to you as soon as you move in.

We are really grateful that finally someone will be renting our house, so we hope we are doing the right thing by trusting you with our property.

The Property rent is so low because we needed someone to move in and take good care of the houseon accepting payment of the security deposit of $400 to secure the house now and move in as soon as you are ready

The Payment will be needed as soon as possible so as to proceed with the arrangement of the keys and documents to be delivered at your current address, so i will urge you to verify the address where you want the package to be delivered so that there will be no mistake sending it to you

So hope you stick to your words, you will be making the payment via Money gram or any grocery store near you. So get back to me with the nearest store location near you.

Here is the instruction you will be using to make the payment to us okay.

Here is the Money gram Information:

Receivers name : Anourath Viluethpad
Recievers address: 6316 N UPCHURCH AVE
City: PARK CITY
State: Kansas
Zip code:67219
Secret Question: Who created us?
Secret Answer : God

As soon as you have make your payment, I want you to email me back
with this required information.
(8 digits Numbers)
(Sender's Full Name and Full Address)
(Address where you want the package to be delivered)
(Amount Sent?)

Thanks and God bless you,

Best Regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement