Room for Rent and other rental scams
#338716 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm
"Valeria Zumarán" < [email protected] > napisał(a):

Hi xxxxxx,
How was your day been? I'm sorry for the late response to your message, I just got the rental contract from my father's lawyer. My father bought the apartment in my name since am the only child, so am the landlord, i have nothing to do with your information nor copy of your identity, just that your information will be on the rental contract as tenant of the apartment.. I am open minded lady, sincere and honest with great personality...For the reservation,find attached the rental contract. Please read to see if you agree with the terms and conditions. If you do,you will fill in your details on the first page & sign at the last page and then send to me so i can sign also. You will then make payment of first month rent and security deposit(Security deposit is refundable) through Bank Transfer to the caretaker, is very easy, fast, secured,reliable. This stand as a guarantee and proof that you really want to rent the room and the room can be reserved for you till when you plan to move in and i don't want to rent this room out to any other person because i like everything about you, we have things in common and am very sure we will both live happily together and peaceful together...i would like to rent the room for you, so i will be glad if you can just make the payment as a proof and show seriousness in you that you really want to rent the room. The contract is duly legal registered, so it gives the possibility to deduct from taxes on fees, expenses and other advantages such as domiciliation.

The caretaker is responsible if there's any damages in the apartment to repair and also as a security and also to give you the key of the room any time you want to move in since not in Prague at the moment...As soon as you make the payment, you will email me back with the signed contract and also the scan copy of the payment receipt for confirmation , so i can sign aswell on the contract and email you back with the room receipt. You have to come along with the signed contract and the room receipt when coming to the apartment to move in... I will be at the apartment with the caretaker on the desired day you want to move in and if you can make the payment asap and send me the payment receipt for confirmation, I and the caretaker will be at the apartment to meet you anytime any day you want to drop the key, the caretaker can't just go to the apartment without any proof to show seriousness that you really want to rent the room because we already had a bad experienced about this before, we had an appointment with a tenant in the apartment, we waited for some hours and the tenant don't show up, whereas the tenant have other room she was interested, so i hope you understand.. i will be glad if all this can be done as soon as possible.

I attached copy of my identity as a proof of who i am.

Here's the bank information to make the payment:

Account Holder’s Name: Gerardo Mendoza Barcenas
Bank Name: ScotiaBank S.A
Address: Colonia Transito, Floor 1, Lorenzo Boturini 202, 06820 CDMX
Account Nos: 00103056672
Clabe Nos: 044180001030566729
Bic / Swift Code: MBCOMXMM

I hope all these can be arranged as soon as possible.. You can make the payment through online banking if you have online access, is very easy, fast, secured and reliable...I'm not after your money but this will show seriousness and if this can be done to show proof and guarantee that you want to rent the room and the room can be reserved for you till when you plan to move in and we can meet any time, you can move in any time if everything work fine between us, i just hope you make this work out between us because i really want us to live together as a flatmate. Send me the payment receipt for confirmation as soon as the payment has been made with the signed contract so i can sign on the contract and email it back to you with the room receipt.

I wait your news.

Regards,

Valeria

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#338717 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 pm
Hi,
Nice showing interest on the room advert on Myflatshare. My name is Valeria Zumaran and I'm mixed, half Mexican and Spanish, 27 years old. My mother tongue is Spanish but I also speak Czech.. I've been living in Plzeň, a small town in
in Western Czech Republic. I'm a graduate in Tourism. I decided to study in Prague because my father works with the health organization in Czech Republic and he want me to be close to him since am the only child and also Prague is nice with beautiful places to explore. I am open to living with anyone, males ,females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive,intelligent, patient and caring.

The apartment contain 2 bedrooms flat, each room with bedroom, private bathroom...The apartment located in quiet environment, central location - here you can live in a quiet area, the beautiful city park is only once across the street. A visit is worth it!. he apartment is very centrally located right next to a wonderful place..Two minutes away from tram station Palackeho Namesti and metro station Karlovo Namesti (Yellow line).. Perfect during summer and for runners. Area plenty of shops, restaurants and pubs, supermarkets, parks...

Features:
Bedroom : 13.5FT x 10.9FT,(FITS KING SIZE BED)
Living room: 14.10FT x 13.1FT
Kitchen: 13.6FT x 11.2FT
Bathroom: 4.10FT x 5.3FT

*UTILITIES + A/C
*WLAN internet facilities, Cable, A/C,Internet 24/7 etc included.
*Laundry in building ( washing machine, dryers)

- 12 ft ceilings
- large living room with working.
- full kitchen including toaster,dishwasher, freezer, fridge, microwave
- full bathroom including shower, bath tub
- terrace furniture, private parking, lift,
- large private roof with barbecue and hammock
- elevator building
- storage space for bikes, luggage, equipment, etc
- high speed internet, cable + DVR

The basic I'm asking for is the first month rent and the security deposit while the subsequent rents will be paid as each month stay passes by. Utilities included in the rent are phone, gas, electricity, heater and hot water etc.

Address:Podskalská 370/31, 12800 Praha 2-Nové Město, Czech Republic
Rent: 280 Euros
Refundable Security Deposit: 420 Euros
Available: Now
Minimum stay: 1 Month
Maximum stay: As long as you like but a maximum of a year contract at a stretch.

Preferred flatmate description:
Smoker: Doesn't matter
Orientation: Doesn't matter

Let me know if the details above suit you so that we can take things from there and you can tell me little about you and I prefer to communicate in English for now just to improve my English skills.

Regards,

Valeria

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#353101 by Chicano Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 am
Thank you for your info, something else would have fallen for it.....!
The case is about an apartment in Berlin.

[email protected]
First Mail:

Hi,
Nice showing interest on the room advert on Wg Website where the advert was posted. I'm Veronica Ballus by name, I'm mixed, half Italian and Mexican, 26 years old. My mother tongue is Italian but I also speak little German.. I've been living in Tübingen, a small town in South Germany. I'm a graduate in Tourism. I decided to study in Berlin because my father works with the health organization in Germany and he want me to be close to him since am the only child and also Berlin is nice with beautiful places to explore. I am open to living with anyone, males ,females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive,intelligent, patient and caring.

Beautiful room in a spacious flat available.. The flat is fine up to the highest standard and will suit the most demanding tastes. There's a lot of storage and space. The area is very peaceful and quiet. The apartment has 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, equipped kitchen with everything you need for cooking. Easy transport link, WiFi internet available and different kind of shops for daily purpose within walking distance.

Features:
Bedroom : 13.5FT x 10.9FT,(FITS KING SIZE BED)
Living room: 14.10FT x 13.1FT
Kitchen: 13.6FT x 11.2FT
Bathroom: 4.10FT x 5.3FT

The basic I'm asking for is the first month rent and the security deposit while the subsequent rents will be paid as each month stay passes by. Utilities included in the rent are phone, gas, electricity, heater and hot water etc.

Address: Lübbener Str. 25, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Rent: €350
Refundable Security Deposit: €450
Available: Now
Minimum stay: 1 Month
Maximum stay: As long as you like but a maximum of a year contract at a stretch.

Preferred flatmate description:
Smoker: Doesn't matter
Orientation: Doesn't matter

Let me know if the details above suit you so that we can take things from there and you can tell me little about you, i would like to communicate in English for now just to improve my English skills.

Regards,

Veronica

Second Mail:

Hello xxxxxxx,
How are you? It is really nice to meet you!! From your little introduction, we sound so much alike and I hope we can get along with each other!!! Okey. You are sharing the flat with only me, I am a classic person that everyone will loves. I am the best friend that anyone could ever have & never wants to lose. I would never cause harm to anyone & they would never not understand my feelings. Life is a journey, it's funny & calm for the most part. I stay away from traitors & jealous people, so I can be stress free. I'm an outgoing person who doesn't like to play games. You either like me... Trust me, I'm very likable. I will be a good friend if you let me. I'm real down to earth and very easy to get along with. I'm polite, friendly and very respectful... I am looking for a calm, sympathetic, cheerful and open flatmate in mutual consideration and tolerance. Mutual respect and respect should be self-evident, and in case of any questions or problems always the common conversation should be sought.

I would like to get to know you and be friends with you rather than just two people living together who don't talk much but of course if you want your space I will respect that too.The monthly rent usually include all costs for utilities. You can tell me more about you, your hobbies, do you smoke nor drink alcohol? and when do you want to move in and how long do you want to stay? If you have any questions, ask me.

I wait for your answer so we can proceed.

Regards,

Veronica

Third Mail:

Hello xxxxxxxx,
Thanks for writing back, you're right on track with the way we will proceed on this, i don't smoke and i drink red wine occasionally, i de-activated my facebook profile because of my ex boyfriend and am new to this, this is my first time am communicating with someone on the internet and am doing this because of the apartment ad, my hobbies are reading, music, dancing, cooking, swimming, sport, cinema, movie and playing tennis with my friend, i like everything you said about you and i think you will be a good tenant in the apartment... the picture of the bedroom i sent to you is the room am renting out and it's furnished, it has bed, duvet, wardrobe, chair, desk towel, pillow....but it's not only trusting in my self reference nor you. I can as well send you a copy of my identity so that you can feel more positive towards this as i will want you to understand that there are so many potential tenants that wants to rent and the only way I will be able to reserve the place for you right now is if i have a concrete arrangement with you.

It is going to be negligence on my part if I have nothing concrete with you in terms of arrangement and then leaving the place open because most times that I have tried to do that for people willing to rent, they either fail to meet up with appointment and meetings thereby sending me back to the first phase of having to send out adverts again so I hope you understand that angle that i'm coming from.

If you send me your information now (full name, address, copy of identity), then I will send you the rental contract for living in the apartment so that you can read through it's terms and if it all sounds well for you then we'll pick things from there.

Do let me know what you think about this so that we can possibly move things on.

Regards,

Veronica

The last Mail:

Hi xxxxxx
Good morning to you and How's your day going? I'm sorry for the late response to your message, I just got the rental contract from my father's lawyer. My father bought the apartment in my name since am the only child, so am the landlord, i have nothing to do with your information nor copy of your identity, just that your information will be on the rental contract as tenant of the apartment.. I am open minded lady, sincere and honest with great personality...For the reservation, find attached the rental contract. Please read to see if you agree with the terms and conditions. If you do, you will fill in your details on the first page & sign at the last page and then send to me so i can sign also. You will then make payment of first month rent and security deposit(Security deposit is refundable) through Bank Transfer to the caretaker, is very easy, fast, secured, reliable. This stand as a guarantee and proof that you really want to rent the room and the room can be reserved for you till when you plan to move in and i don't want to rent this room out to any other person because i like everything about you, we have things in common and am very sure we will both live happily together and peaceful together...i would like to rent the room for you, so i will be glad if you can just make the payment as a proof and show seriousness in you that you really want to rent the room. The contract is duly legal registered, so it gives the possibility to deduct from taxes on fees, expenses and other advantages such as domiciliation.

The caretaker is responsible if there's any damages in the apartment to repair and also as a security and also to give you the key of the room any time you want to move in since not in Berlin at the moment...As soon as you make the payment, you will email me back with the signed contract and also the scan copy of the payment receipt for confirmation , so i can sign aswell on the contract and email you back with the room receipt. You have to come along with the signed contract and the room receipt when coming to the apartment to move in... I will be at the apartment with the caretaker on the desired day you want to move in and if you can make the payment asap and send me the payment receipt for confirmation. The room can't be reserve nor rented out to you without any proof to show seriousness that you really want to rent the room because we already had a bad experienced about this before, we had an appointment with a tenant in the apartment, we waited for some hours and the tenant don't show up, whereas the tenant have other room she was interested, so i hope you understand.. i will be glad if all this can be done as soon as possible.

I attached copy of my identity as a proof of who i am.

Here's the bank information to make the payment:

Holder’s Name: Gerardo Mendoza Barcenas
Bank Name: ScotiaBank S.A
Address: Colonia Transito, Floor 1, Lorenzo Boturini 202, 06820 CDMX
Account Nos: 00103056672
Clabe Nos: 044180001030566729
Bic / Swift Code: MBCOMXMM
Noted (BW)

I hope all these can be arranged as soon as possible.. You can make the payment through online banking if you have online access, is very easy, fast, secured and reliable...I'm not after your money but this will show seriousness and if this can be done to show proof and guarantee that you want to rent the room and the room can be reserved for you till when you plan to move in and we can meet any time, you can move in any time if everything work fine between us, i just hope you make this work out between us because i really want us to live together as a flatmate. Send me the payment receipt for confirmation as soon as the payment has been made with the signed contract so i can sign on the contract and email it back to you with the room receipt.

I wait your news.

Regards,

Veronica

In addition, I could also upload the rental agreement sent to me and their ID card copies, if possible !?

However, I have already sent her a copy of my ID with the current address .... Do I have to take care of anything or protect myself?

Best regards and many thanks !
xxxxx