Room for Rent and other rental scams
#339639 by Mayur Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm
Hello,

I am Matthew Lennon, the owner of the flat, and i'm happy to let you know that my apartment is presently available even for long and short term periods. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies, but now she's back home in North Dakota, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time (obviously preferable for long periods).The flat looks like in the pictures. The utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spot, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of $1,000 per month plus one month deposit of $1,000 is also requested and fully refundable once you decide to leave the apartment (with a 30 days notice before). As from my side, i will never ask you to leave the apartment because my daughter is permanently living here in North Dakota, so we won't disturb you.

Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.

All the best ,

Matthew Lennon
Advertisement

#339640 by Mayur Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Hi again,

Everything sounds good, but as I said, I live in North Dakota and unfortunately i can't be present to deal in person. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here through AIRBNB, which is the biggest international website dealing specifically in rentals properties.

I hope you are familiar with Airbnb, but if not i'll explain you how it works. If you decide to proceed with this transaction, I will need your phone number along with your full name, the date when you want to enter in the apartment, how many people would live there and for how long. Then I will start the process through Airbnb here in North Dakota, providing them with your details. Next you will receive a notification message with all the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete the process and receive the keys with the rental contract.

This is the only way i can proceed, so hopefully you will find it ok in order to secure the apt in your favor.

Let me know,

Matthew Lennon
#339644 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm
Domain Name: law-reions.services
Registry Domain ID: af0748003490461087102ffc127f5053-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namecheap.com/
Updated Date: 2017-09-17T17:08:39Z
Creation Date: 2017-09-12T17:08:12Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-09-12T17:08:12Z

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#339769 by Conrad Richter Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm
Hey this guy just got in touch with me too! Here is what he wrote me after an initial response:

Hi again,

Everything sounds good, but as I said, I live in North Dakota and unfortunately i can't be present to deal in person. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here through AIRBNB, which is the biggest international website dealing specifically in rentals properties.

I hope you are familiar with Airbnb, but if not i'll explain you how it works. If you decide to proceed with this transaction, I will need your phone number along with your full name, the date when you want to enter in the apartment, how many people would live there and for how long. Then I will start the process through Airbnb here in North Dakota, providing them with your details. Next you will receive a notification message with all the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete the process and receive the keys with the rental contract.

This is the only way i can proceed, so hopefully you will find it ok in order to secure the apt in your favor.

Let me know,

Matthew Lennon