Room for Rent and other rental scams
#340395 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:50 pm
Subject: Re: Spacieux Studio 1 ½ Meublé-Libre -Métro Berri-UQAM-Centre-ville

Re !

Je vous remercie pour le vif intérêt que vous portez à notre logement et je confirme qu’après lecture de vos informations nous sommes d'accord de vous accorder la visite et espérant que vous soyez notre nouveau locataire. La durée de bail souhaitée vous sera accordée. Le jour de la visite je serai en possession du titre de propriété et du contrat de bail enfin que vous prenez note et que vous allez signer si notre logement vous convient après la visite, et comme je vous l'ai expliqué dans mon premier mail, je suis en déplacement en Europe et je serai disponible pour venir au Canada, donc la visite peut se faire entre Samedi & Lundi. La visite sera programmée selon votre disponibilité. J’espère que cela vous convient? Vous deviez être en possession : Le versement du dépôt d'un mois de loyer + 1 Mois de caution (Remboursable à la fin du bail ou prise en compte pour le dernier mois de loyer).Veillez me faire parvenir Votre date effective pour la visite afin que nous puissions nous en conformer pour la suite et vous expliquez comment ça se déroulera. Merci de me dire si vous aviez Skype enfin qu'on puisse discuter de tous autres détails.

Machine translated.
Re!

Thank you for your interest in our accommodation and I confirm that after reading your information we agree to grant you the visit and hope that you are our new tenant. You will be given the desired lease term. On the day of the visit I will be in possession of the title and the contract of lease finally that you take note and that you will sign if our accommodation suits you after the visit, and as I explained to you in my first mail, I am traveling in Europe and I will be available to come to Canada, so the visit can be between Saturday and Monday. The tour will be scheduled according to your availability. I hope it suits you? You have to be in possession: Deposit of one month rent + 1 month deposit (Refundable at the end of the lease or taken into account for the last month of rent). Please send me Your effective date for the visit so that we can follow up on it and explain how it will work out. Thank you for telling me if you had Skype finally that we could discuss all other details.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement