Room for Rent and other rental scams
#340432 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:06 am
Subject: Re: Rental - 10831 Seaview Ave # 3C,Brooklyn, NY 11236

Hi,

The Property is still available for rent and I'm looking for Honest and reliable person to occupy the Property.

What date do you intend to move in???

PROPERTY FEATURES:

Property Address:- 10831 Seaview Ave # 3C,Brooklyn, NY 11236
Monthly Rent:- $1,200 {UTILITY INCLUDED}
Damages & Security Deposit:- $1,200 {REFUNDABLE}
Heating features:- Central, Electric Source
Lease terms:- Short & Long term Allowed
Pets:- Allowed with NO deposit
Housing Voucher :- Allowed
AMENITIES:- Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Security Alarm, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer E.t.c

Hoping to read a progressive response from you Asap and if everything is OK by you, Kindly respond for

Subject: Re: Rental - 10831 Seaview Ave # 3C,Brooklyn, NY 11236

Thanks for your interesting response, If i may ask can you go and view it now??? And thereafter we can talk more and Please do NOT disturb the current occupant for security reasons because it was very late for me to discovered that the property has been SUBLEASED to the current occupants which is against the Lease & Contract agreement signed by me, my Lawyer and the previous tenant who we directly gave the property to but unfortunately they sublet it to the current occupant which is completely illegal and we've no choice than taking them to court for breach of contract and trespass because i was not informed with the subletting arrangement, So be rest assured the house must be vacant before your move in date. More so, There may be clean up which i need to fix before you move in and thats why i've to be present there before or on the final eviction date 8th of October giving by the court so i can inspect their moving out to avoid damages and the house will be move in ready from 10th of October after the cleaning, I can as well Hold on till your moving date if we can reach a better agreement, since the court has delivered justice and ordered the eviction of the occupants with immediate effect, More so. I've received a notice from the occupants that they will be moving out before the eviction date to avoid prosecution and they are already moving their things gradually, So in order avoid any action of trespass on my side for now you can always do a drive by the property and have a look at it from the outside, if you like the physical view then you'll have to get back to me with the application form filled then i can review it and decide if i will be accepting you as my new tenant or not then we can proceed with the rental arrangements on how the Lease Agreement will be sign and i can assure you that you will have nothing to regret with the house interior and throughout your stay on the property and also between the two of us as Landlord and Tenant by God's grace.

After you are done with the physical view of the property as instructed you can Download the attachment with this message for a Mini-Rental Application form for your completion, Mind you, Only the 1st Month Rent & Security Deposit moves you in.

NOTE: The proper use and maintenance of the property with everything included is very crucial and that is the reason i purposely give up the house at this cheaper rate so it can be easy for the occupant to maintain as Your monthly rent already covers utilities so you do not have to pay extra charges for that, it includes Water, electricity, Gas, Garbage of which i already have a company managing that with a yearly contract.

I look forward to read a progressive response from you with the Mini-Rental Application filled for commencement.

Thanks & Regards :-)

Michael.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement