Room for Rent and other rental scams
#341552 by Michelle Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am
[email protected]
Hello,

Thank you for your interest and inquiries. This furnished one bedroom apartment cost 3,250dkk per month. Features units: with Balcony, double pane windows, Air conditioning, Heating, equipped kitchen including all tableware, washing machine, WiFi Internet, tv, electric cooker, micro-wave, fridge. Bathroom features new vanities, toilets, tub. few minute walk to the city center near bars, restaurants, supermarkets and grocery stores.

Utilities Bills: e.g Water, Electricity, Gas, WiFi Internet + cable TV 180 programs are included in the rent. additional cost 4,000dkk for security deposit payment which is refundable at the end of your lease while moving out without any lost or damage of my properties.

However, I left for Edinburgh Scotland due to the nature of my job and i will be here for 1-2 years term period this is why i decided to rent out the apartment. The flat is locked up at the moment and i have the keys with me, I will not be able to show you the flat right now, but i will urge you to please drive by the house address and take a look at it from outside and get back to me if you really like the beautiful neighborhood environment, attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how the inside looks like.

The apartment is located at (Sankt Pauls Gade 9, 1313 Copenhagen, Denmark) situated on the 2nd floor of beautiful landscaping building, You can also register with my address.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender and How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month's rent can you pay before moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?
Pictures of the occupant if available?

I will be waiting for your good response soon in order to explain to you more on how to reserved the flat. you can simply reach me at my phone number below for further discussion on this property.

Thanks and have a Great day!
James Pickard
Project Manager (J Breheny Contractors Ltd)
Ph: +44 (794) 922 4615
http://www.breheny.co.uk/

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement