Room for Rent and other rental scams
#341780 by Michelle Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello

PEACE BE WITH YOU.

Thanks for your interest in my apartment,its very much available for rent. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that is because i am not too keen about the rent amount but to whom i am renting the apartment out to. My intention is to rent my apartment to someone that is responsible,neat and ready to take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers. I am very certain that you would love the comfortability of the apartment, it is available for immediate move-in.

I would like you to know that i am giving this apartment out for rent because i am among the missionaries posted to West Africa for humanitarian service, i left New York thinking that i will be here for three month ( 3 Months) but the church i am working with extended our assignment for another six years (6yrs). Since i will be staying here for such a period of time my wife and i decided to rent out our apartment to a noble person. So i would like you to complete the tenant application form below and please be honest with these details to enable us choose the right tenant.

Rent Per Month: $700 (Including Utilities)

Security Deposit: $700 (Refundable)

Beds: 1

Baths: 1

Sqft: 720

Type: Single Family

Parking: --

Availability: now

Lease term: OneYear

Cooling: Wall

Pets: Yes

Utilities included: Water, Sewage, Garbage

Furnished: No

High-speed internet ready: YES

Onsite laundry: YES

Disability access: YES

Cooling system: Available

High Ceilings

Stainless Steel Appliances

Large Kitchen,

Brand New Cabinets,

Electric Cooker,

dish washer & Refrigerator

Heat and hot water,

Washer and Dryer in the apartment also.

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

FIRST NAME:_________

MIDDLE NAME:_________________

LAST NAME:__________________

SEX:________________

PROFESSION:________________

MARITAL STATUS____________

TIME ON YOUR JOB:______

PHONE NUMBERS

(CELL)PHONE____

(WORK)PHONE____

(HOME)PHONE_____

KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY_____

PRESENT ADDRESS:____

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?

HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?_______

WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?________

DO YOU AGREE TO MAKE PAYMENT FOR THE DEPOSIT? ________

HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT?______

IF YOU HAVE A PET?_____-

DO YOU SMOKE?______________

DO YOU DRINK?_________

DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHTS____

After i have received these details above,myself and my wife will let you know our terms and how we would conclude the Lease process so you can move into the apartment asap.

Regards.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement