Room for Rent and other rental scams
#341852 by Michelle Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:44 am
Harold Cleveland <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello

As we review your details, i am hoping to give you the apartment in good faith. i am willing to accept and approve you as our new tenant. I want you to know that you will be paying for security deposit $500 that is fully refundable at the end of tenancy, so that I can proceed in writing the receipts and sign all the necessary papers. The deposit is refundable if by any means you want it back and decide not to rent the place. I will be heading to USPS Office to arrange for the shipment of a package to you next day delivery. I will email you the tracking number from the courier service immediately I get the payment confirmation from you. Below are the contents of the document that will be shipped to you via Priority Mail Express mailing service to the address you are providing below.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys.
2) Letter of Access.
3) Payment Receipt. ( Once the payment is confirm)
4) Documents containing property location and description.
5) Tenancy agreement and policy

I will need you to reconfirm your current/delivery address for me again so as to certify my worries about where am sending my keys to:

Delivery Name:
Delivery Address:
Phone #:

I will await reading an email from you soonest for further discussion on how to go about the deposit payment so I can provide my business account details or any other secured means for the payment. I will be heading to USPS Office to arrange for the shipment of a package to you next day delivery. I will email you the tracking number from the courier service immediately I get the payment confirmation from you.

I await your swift response

Harold Cleveland
(650) 338-4386

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement