Room for Rent and other rental scams
#342089 by Aaaabbbacccc Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm
Another to add to the list. New email is [email protected] and [email protected]. Scammer is going by Andrew Barletta now. Email received:

Hello,

Thank you for replying to the advert placed, I'm happy to inform you that the place is still available for rent and you are the first person to contact me about it. Well I will love to rent it out to you, I really need to know how soon you want to move in. But I was transferred out of the state for divine call and preach the word of God to the people out here in. I came over with my lovely wife because of the love I have for her and we shall be staying for at least 4 to 5 years before coming back to the state, i made up my mind to sell the house until my lovely wife advised that we should keep it for future purpose. right now we are renting and not selling but we would like to leave it into a good hand.the house is currently vacant and locked while I’m seeking to find a suitable , responsible couples , single or Student and if i may ask how long are you willing to stay ? . The house is furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances and its includes all the bills too....

The house is available for short and long time term lease. Don’t be surprise if you find the home with another site and different price, I have plan to rent it out through Real estate before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of houses to lease out and they added so much money to the rent while there commission is not fair.We were not getting the responses we needed so i decided to terminate our contract with them and put it up for rent ourselves.If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is far below standard price and this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property.The house is available for as long as you want.

The rent includes all utilities and close to all amenities. I was advised to rent out the place because there is no one leaving there right now since after our last tenant moved out. The place is available for immediate move in.

INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Cable , Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric.

This is the address of the house: 824 SE 27th Ave,Portland, OR 97214...

Monthly Rent: $570
Refundable Security Deposit Payment: $570
Total Move in Fee: $1140
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1

Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose..If you are interested in renting my home then answer the question below

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.

FIRST NAME:________________
MIDDLE NAME: ________________
LAST NAME: _________________
PROFESSION: ________________
(CELL)PHONE ()_________
(CELL)PHONE () _____________________
(WORK)PHONE () __________
YOUR EMAIL: ____________________________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY _______
PRESENT ADDRESS: ____________________
CITY: ______________
STATE: _____________
ZIP CODE: _______________ HOW LONG? ____________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
IF THIS Home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?______________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
MONTHLY INCOME:
IF YOU HAVE A PET:
NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE? ___________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____
YOUR VALID I.D (IF ANY):could be attached with the application

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

In case you see any aboard, they are the Realtor in charge of my house before I decided to take over by my self. I am no more working with them and don't bother to contact them because formerly i wanted to sell the property before me and my Lovely Family now decided to rent it out instead of selling it out.

Thanks for choosing my home and remain bless..

Rev.Andrew Barletta ...
Advertisement

#358445 by Angelalalahhh Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Hi, I just wanna say thank you so much for this post. This scammer claimed to be Andrew Barletta and contacted me about an apartment listing I saw online. He and his "wife" asked me to send them the security deposit ($950) ASAP via MoneyGram because they have already sent me the parcel with documents and keys to the apartment. I was skeptic at first but since he claimed to be a reverend I trusted him and sent him the money. Then I got home and because I was still suspicious so I googled his name and your post showed up! I immediately called MoneyGram and was able to cancel the money and get a refund before he picked it up. He even asked me why it was canceled. I would have lost nearly 1000 dollars if it weren't for your post. Thank you so much! I have also posted here about him and another scammer that contacted me today who I suspect is the same person.