Room for Rent and other rental scams
#342645 by Bryon Williams Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:31 pm
Subject: Re: PadMapper tenant lead for 612 North Sycamore Avenue #3: 1 Bed 1 Bath

Hello there,

My name is Kathleen Pearson and I am the owner of the establishment (1Bed/1Bath, 612 North Sycamore Avenue #3, Los Angeles, CA 90036, sq.ft 850), and I am happy to announce that is available for a long term leasing period.

The total monthly rent will be $1,300 with all utilities included. Now I am in Ottawa/Canada with my husband David (I got married and I moved with him to the Ottawa).

Now there is nobody in US to take care of it and that's why we want to rent it for long term so we just need serious people in our apartment. Since I'm in Ottawa, I found a way to rent my unit trough Realtor. I used it in the past and I was very pleased.

I would like to know how many persons will inhabit there, when you want to start the lease and how long you want to rent?

Thank you for your interest.
Kind regards, Kathleen Pearson

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#344787 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 pm
Subject: Re: Lead for 7062 Hawthorn Avenue

Hello there,

My name is Kathleen Pearson and I am the owner of the establishment (1Bed/1Bath, 7062 Hawthorn Avenue #301, Los Angeles, CA 90028), and I am happy to announce that is available for a long term leasing period.

The total monthly rent will be $1,400 with all utilities included. Now I am in Ottawa/Canada with my husband David (I got married and I moved with him to the Ottawa).

Now there is nobody in US to take care of it and that's why we want to rent it for long term so we just need serious people in our apartment. Since I'm in Ottawa, I found a way to rent my unit trough Realtor. I used it in the past and I was very pleased.

I would like to know how many persons will inhabit there, when you want to start the lease and how long you want to rent?

Thank you for your interest.
Kind regards, Kathleen Pearson

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#353014 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:29 pm
Subject: Re: PadMapper tenant lead for 1730 Sawtelle Boulevard: 2 Bed 2 Baths

Hi there,

I’m so sorry for taking this long to write you back. I was away for a few days. My unit is available, you are interested?

Danielle