Room for Rent and other rental scams
#342733 by Michelle Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm
Airbnb Reservation <[email protected]>

You are receiving this Airbnb Invoice email because the host, James Allen Smith, has selected Airbnb to handle a secure transaction with you. Through this invoice message, Airbnb Company has the pleasure to confirm that your Tenancy Transaction has been approved. In the content of the invoice message below, you will find transaction details and future instructions regarding your transaction. In order to successfully complete your transaction, please follow the instructions presented in the content of this invoice message

Two easy steps to complete your Airbnb Transaction:
1. The Host and the Guest Agree to Terms: Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the apartment, rental price and 5 days for the Guest’s inspection. In this period of time, you can accept/refuse the apartment.

2. Airbnb Confirm Reservation: After the payment for your reservation is sent to Airbnb you will meet with an Airbnb agent, on the arrival date, and inspect the apartment.
You will have 5 days period of any inspection. If it’s something you don’t like it, or if the apartment isn’t as described you will receive a full refund ( with no further questions ) in 24 hours.
100% Money Back Guarantee !!!

Airbnb Payment Instruction
We verified all the details of this transaction and we concluded that they are accurate and the transaction is approved, you are covered and protected by Airbnb.
• Payment must be completed using Airbnb Bitcoin Payment.
What is Bitcoin?
• Bitcoin is a new payment method used by Airbnb. Bitcoin allows you to safely send the payment quickly to Airbnb. Through Bitcoin Services we can guarantee 100% protection and insurance.

How to complete the payment
The Bitcoin payment needs to be completed in person, with cash at the recommended store assigned for your transaction. You will need your QR code assigned for your transaction, cell phone, your ID and the cash for your purchase.
1. First thing you need to print the QR code or make a pictures with your mobile device. Click on the picture below to print or make a picture with the QR code.

Your QR Code assigned for your Airbnb transaction ( click on the picture bellow the see your QR code and make a picture with it or print it! )

3. When you arrive in front of the ATM Bitcoin click " Buy Bitcoin "

4. Provide your mobile number ( ATM will send a validation code to your phone ).

5. Enter received a validation code.

6. Select Coin: " Bitcoin "

7. Choose to scan wallet ( QR )

8. Put the picture on your phone with the QR in front of the ATM camera for scanning

9. Insert cash in the ATM

10. Click Send

11. Print Receipt

Please follow carefully all these steps.
It’s very important to print or make a picture with the QR code assigned to this transaction.
You will need to scan the QR code when you are in front of the ATM Bitcoin.

5453263525679287 Payment Guarantee Policy:
After the payment is sent to Airbnb you will meet with an Airbnb agent and inspect the apartment. If the apartment isn’t as described and you decide to not rent it, Airbnb will return your deposit within 24 hours.

To protect you against the risk of liability, Airbnb holds your funds pursuant to the terms of the Airbnb Protection Program Policy, and any other agreement entered between Airbnb and its customers. When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account.

5453263525679287 Verify an order’s eligibility:
Airbnb sends the payment invoice to the guest only after our Financial Department has verified all the following information:
– Paperwork of the apartment,
– Host information and proof of ID;

Note* The money is sent to Airbnb Company, deposited to a neutral account and LOCKED until the transaction is completed. The Invoice Amount will be transferred to the Property Owner ONLY AFTER we receive Tenant’s confirmation that he/she accept the Property. If the Property will not be accepted a total refund will be sent in no more than 24 hours.
The money will be sent back by Bank Wire Transfer, Check or Money Order, it will be at your choice.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#345030 by Moniluvsme Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:23 pm
Hello!

This is a rental for the entire home, the utilities (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV) are included in the price of $500 / month.
This is a 2 bedroom apartment, very spacious and provides you all the necessities you need. The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house. The washer and dryer allow you to do laundry in the comfort of your own home.

Bedding: - Bedroom 1- Queen Bed; - Bedroom 2- Queen Bed
Amenities: - Free parking; - Washer; - Dryer; - TV; - Heating; - Air conditioning.

Monthly rent with all the utilities included: $500.00
Security Deposit: $300.00 ( this money you will have it back in the same day when you will leave the apartment )
You need $800.00 to move in this apartment
Available from November 9 2017
I am interested to rent my apartment for a long period of time, not for just 1,2 months.

You can use my furniture, or you can use your own if you prefer.
The apartment address is: 10724 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Here you can see some pictures with the apartment: http://imgur.com/a/nhUER
Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like how many people will live in the apartment and for how long?

Kindest regards! James A Smith
Last edited by Moniluvsme on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#345031 by Moniluvsme Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Hello again!

My name is James A Smith, born in Charlotte, NC. I am Deputy Director General in Skyscanner. com. I have worked in Los Angeles , CA the last five years and I bought this apartment during my stay in Los Angeles, I'm renting the apartment for an unlimited time, but now the home is busy and will be available from November 10, 2017.

I have lived in this apartment for five years, and it's like a second home for me, I need someone to take good care of it. I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move in into my house and take excellent care of it. I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.

The money is not the main problem, but I want you to keep it tidy all the time.

Now I am back to my family in Charlotte, and I am looking to rent my apartment. My job does not allow me to leave Charlotte where I am now even for a single day. We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb. If you are interested, please email me back so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Best wishes!

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:51