Room for Rent and other rental scams
#343346 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:18 pm
Subject: Apartment for rent - 244 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132
Reply-To: Olivier Morel <[email protected]>

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to look at my apartment. I'm the owner, my name is Olivier Antoine Morel.
Now a few words about the place. The apartment comes fully furnished, is very clean, quiet, and you can move in immediately. It has cable TV, high-speed internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. There are two parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture. Well behaved pets are allowed. The area is just great and a very safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent is $600 - utilities included (Cable, water, sewer, electricity, heat) and please note that the rent is for the entire apartment. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 5 years or more. Most of the time I'm offshore, I inspect oil rigs for a living and I'm looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I had some bad tenants and now I had the property completely refurbished (see attached photos). As you can see I am not after a high profit, but after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
The property is being managed by Airbnb and they will handle the whole rental process since I work offshore for the time being.
If you want to know more about the rental process please get back to me and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Find attached more photos and let me know if you like the apartment.

Regards,
IADC Certified Engineer - Olivier Antoine Morel

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#343347 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:19 pm
Domain Name: MOREL-EQUIPMENTS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2179089587_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2017-10-25T19:02:37Z
Creation Date: 2017-10-25T19:02:35Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-25T19:02:35Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#343349 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:26 pm
Subject: Re: Apartment for rent - 65 Brainerd Rd, Boston, MA 02134

Hello again xxxx,
As I already told you in my first email, Airbnb will handle the renting process in my behalf due to my offshore job. I will have to contact the Airbnb agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. For that I will need your full name, rental period with exact move-in date, if other persons will be living with you, your email, phone number and a copy if your ID or Passport if possible.
To secure the apartment you will be instructed to pay just the security deposit of $500 to Airbnb to confirm reservation ( which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment ). Only once the deposit is paid an agent will be assigned to handle the visit/ inspection so you will not be able to visit the apartment before the reservation.(Aibnb is a 20 billion dollars company but it has to manage more than 1,500,000 locations, so they would need an impossible number of agents to present every location they have without a deposit confirmation)
Once you confirm the payment you'll have two options, I could send you the keys by FedEx or you can meet the agent that will hand over the keys and rental agreement. Please note they require up to 48 hours to process your payment and rental details before they assign the agent that will handle the walk-through and all. The $500 security deposit will be refunded immediately if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent. ( but only If the apartment is not vandalized or something).
If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to provide a valid ID, pay the first month rent and sign the lease agreement. After you move in, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account. If that is acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the Airbnb reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.

Very important !! Please reply only if you fully understand the process as I have been disappointed lately with unserious persons when it comes to reserving. I'll have to pay for the transaction fees and just in case you change your mind I will not receive a refund from them!

You will find attached a photo of my passport for more transparency.

Regards,
IADC Certified Engineer - Olivier-Antoine Morel

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#344425 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm
Subject: RE: Reservation request at Fully furnished luxury apartment Biscayne Blvd, Miami for 5 months starting Wed, Dec 20, 2017

Hi xxxxx,
Pack your bags—you're going to Miami, FL 33132!
Olivier has confirmed your request at Fully furnished luxury apartment Biscayne Blvd, Miami. Please review the details of your trip and contact your host to coordinate check-in time and key exchange.

Olivier Message
xxxxx, You are welcome to reserve the apartment. I am reliable and open so if anything goes wrong in the apartment.... I will make sure the problem is quickly rectified and I will cover all costs. I will not bother you with anything for the entire duration of your stay as long as you pay the rent in time.

Itinerary
Confirmation Code: 81B230

244 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132, United States

Your Host

Olivier Morel
[email protected]

Payment
Payment method - ITunes
The host will receive the payment from Airbnb 24 hours after your checkin.

Cancellation Policy
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees. Learn more .

Customer Support
If you need assistance with your reservation or for urgent situations, such as check-in trouble or arriving to something unexpected, we’re here to help!

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#346395 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 pm
Subject: RE: Reservation request at Fully furnished luxury apartment Brainerd Rd, Boston for 12 months starting Mon, Jan 23, 2018

Airbnb

Hi xxxx,

Pack your bags—you're going to Boston, MA 02134!

Olivier has confirmed your request at Fully furnished luxury apartment Brainerd Rd, Boston. Please review the details of your trip and contact your host to coordinate check-in time and key exchange.

Olivier Message
Matthew, You are welcome to reserve the apartment. I am reliable and open so if anything goes wrong in the apartment.... I will make sure the problem is quickly rectified and I will cover all costs. I will not bother you with anything for the entire duration of your stay as long as you pay the rent in time.

Itinerary
Confirmation Code: 400DD6
65 Brainerd Rd, Boston, MA 02134, United States

Fully furnished luxury apartment Brainerd Rd, Boston
Boston, MA 02134 - apartment • 1 Guests

Arrive
Mon, Jan 23, 2018
Contract Rental Period
12 months

Make Payment
Your Host

Olivier Morel
[email protected]
Payment

Payment method - ITunes
The host will receive the payment from Airbnb 24 hours after your checkin.
Cancellation Policy

Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees. Learn more .
Customer Support

If you need assistance with your reservation or for urgent situations, such as check-in trouble or arriving to something unexpected, we’re here to help!

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.