Room for Rent and other rental scams
#343503 by Michelle Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi again,

Thank you for quickly reply.
My complet name is : Claire Hardy .
We will use AIRBNB for the safety of both parts.
Let me explain how the transaction will go, step by step: Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for 2 months through their system + security deposit ( this security deposit you will get Back after you will leave my flat ). After you see the apartment we make the lease agreement for the period that you want.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to make the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys and contract and you have seen the apartment. After seeing the apartment, you will have to make your decision, if you wish to take it or not. I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as i have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After this first 2 months, the next rent payments will be done directly to my personal bank account.
I need to know Start date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name,address and phone number and i will send you the Link AIRBNB were you can BOOK:
Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks for your time!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#343536 by Luciablackburn Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:29 pm
I had the emails also!
She set up a like that went to a fake air bnb website with just that studio on the link.
Said payment was to be made there and the person speaking on the ‘live chat’ on air bnb (of which doesn’t exist on the official air bnb site)
And by the way the emails were sounding I could tell it seemed like the same person in the emails.
Claire Hardy - (will put email under) -

Hi xxxxx,

Here you have my apartment listed on AIRBNB : http://www.airbnb.com-request-booking.o ... s=eRGFZrin
We will make a contract from first day when you will move in my flat.
About move, my best friend will help you to move and with him you make the contract,We will notify on contract that you already made reservation and paid with airbnb.
Security deposit get it back when you want leave from my flat.
It's not possible to visit the apartment before booking and paying through Airbnb.
In case you don`t agree after visit, Airbnb will send your payment back in 12 hours after your request.

Thanks for your time!
Best.

(I have many more emails)
#343538 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 pm
Domain Name: SOLEIMMO.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2176184532_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: http://www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2017-10-18T21:29:55Z
Creation Date: 2017-10-18T21:29:54Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-18T21:29:54Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#345129 by yurchh Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 am
Was in contact with 'her' just now, felt like a scam and too good to be true. U can see the 2 mails she sent.
-------------------------------

Hi,

I am writing regarding the apartment situated in Oudekamp 17 3512 KG Utrecht.
My name is Claire Hardy , my mother bought the apartment for me to use during my studies. I will take care of the renting process. The apartment is in perfect condition, only I lived there. The rent is 500 € / month with no other fees (heat, water, electricity, internet and TV, parking spot is included in the monthly rent).
I'm looking for someone to live in my apartment because I moved in Finland with my family.
I decided to use the services of AIRBNB.

Regards,
Claire Hardy
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi again Yuri,

Thank you for quickly reply.
My complet name is : Claire Hardy .
We will use AIRBNB for the safety of both parts.
Let me explain how the transaction will go, step by step: Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for 2 months through their system + security deposit ( this security deposit you will get Back after you will leave my flat ). After you see the apartment we make the lease agreement for the period that you want.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to make the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys and contract and you have seen the apartment. After seeing the apartment, you will have to make your decision, if you wish to take it or not. I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as i have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After this first 2 months, the next rent payments will be done directly to my personal bank account.
I need to know Start date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name,address and phone number and i will send you the Link AIRBNB were you can BOOK:

Thanks for your time!
#345171 by dk18670 Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 am
They are still at it! Had this...

Hi,

I am writing regarding the apartment situated in 5 Bridge St,Cambridge,CB2 1UA.
My name is Claire Hardy , my mother bought the apartment for me to use during my studies. I will take care of the renting process. The apartment is in perfect condition, only I lived there. The rent is 500 £ / month with no other fees (heat, water, electricity, internet and TV, parking spot is included in the monthly rent).
I'm looking for someone to live in my apartment because I moved in Finland with my family.
I decided to use the services of AIRBNB.

Regards,
Claire Hardy
#365927 by Bryon Williams Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 am
Hello,

In the future please post the emails sent to you.

Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Do not post the emails you sent.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/