Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345072 by Michelle Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 am

Hello ,

Thanks for the mailing and interest shown. Let me take the time to tell you more about the flat and myself.

About the Accommodation:
Feel at home at this centrally located, quiet and privately accessible fully furnished suite.
Lovely 1 bedroom condo with hardwood floors, full size kitchen, stunning views from 18th Floor. We have a small office with a standing/sitting desk in a solarium which has wrap around views.There is a common araea outdoor pool, fabulous workout gym with views, sauna, steam room, and hot tub. The neighborhood has great restaurants created from converted warehouse district. The seawall extends for miles and goes around the whole city core, including famous Stanley Park. Granville Island (converted industrial area with organic grocers, shops and restaurants) is close by and accessible on charming electric ferry boats. Mount Baker is visible to the east. You can walk to BC Place or Rogers Arena for sporting events. . .there is a Starbucks right below us - in the building - on the main floor, and a high-end large movie theatre for film festivals and off-beat movies right in our building! Yet in spite of being in the middle of downtown, it is surprisingly quiet! There is a lovely little park right in front of our building...

EQUIPMENT:

The apartment is rented fully-furnished and ready to live with :
- Free unlimited high-speed Internet connection (Wi-Fi)
- Digital cable TV (about 40 channels) and DVD player
- Bed linen and towels included
- Fully-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, freezer, microwave, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster, pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, and cooking utensils
- Body soap, shampoo, and toilet paper are all included. There is also a hair-dryer.
- Free use of washing machine, tumble dryer and vacuum cleaner.

Asking Price: 900 CAD per month, utilities including
Security Deposit: 450 CAD which is refundable.
Total: 1350 CAD
Available now for both long and short term

About me:

Am Henry Fedric , I am a non-smoker business consultant from the USA. I'm in Canada for professional studies on indigenous and inter-religious studies. This is a two-year program. Basic research in three major monotheistic faith traditions and North American indigenous traditions. I'm on the final stage which is the North American indigenous traditions and I'm bid to spend the next one year in Texas, USA, Mexico, Bahamas and Uruguay for studies on American indigenous traditions. Which is the reason why I put up the apartment for rent for the period of time I will be away.

So if you are interested in renting the flat, kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you and for registration.

*Your Full Name:
*Your Full Address:
*Phone Number:
*Age?:
*Are you married?:
*Do you have a pet?:
*Do you have a car?:
*Occupation?:
*The picture of the Tenant Renting the house? (If available):
*Exact move in date:
*Exact move out date (If known):

HERE IS THE HOUSE ADDRESS.
811 Helmcken st ,
Vancouver, BC,
V6E 1P5
Canada

Looking forward to hearing from you with all these details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you, please am giving you all this base on trust, you know that we do not see yet and only putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let me down on this property and God bless you more as you do this.

Regards

Hello

Thanks for the reply with all the required information. To be sincere, I'm highly convince to have you as my tenant on long term base on your self acclaimed qualities and I will be very happy if you can be of good behavior as exactly as you described yourself. I have decided to chose you as my tenant and I will be happy if you can take good care of the apartment for the period of time it will be in your possession.

Attached is the lease Agreement/Contract Document that I have managed to draft with the assistance of a legal adviser. So, kindly read the contract, if you are 100% agreed with all the clauses and paragraph in it, sign it and send it back to me as soon as possible.

Immediately I confirm your agreement with the contract, I will fill you with more information on how to go about deposit payment.

Hope to read from you soon.

Best regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement