Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345075 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 pm
To: haas < [email protected] >
Subject: Re: $1000 Lovely 1 bedroom in Back Bay

Hello,

The apartment at 157 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116 is still available.
Everything is just like in the pictures fully equipped with all the appliances you need, very clean and well kept. The apartment can be rented furnished or if you want you can use your furniture and deposit mine in the storage unit. I work as civil engineer and the company I work for has developed projects all around the world. They moved me to the United Kingdom department because they have a new project there.
The apartment is vacant so you can move-in anytime you want.

The rent of 1000$/month is for the whole apartment and includes all the utilities: heat, water, electricity, parking, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet. You will have full access to all building amenities. Just in case repairs are needed there I will cover the costs no worries. The price I'm asking is below the market because I want to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place.

I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also which rental contract do you prefer to start with - 6 months or 1 year with option of renewal. The monthly payments can be wired to my Bank Account or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for both of us.

I'm the owner of the apartment, it's already paid in full and no mortgage on it. Schools and groceries near-by. You have everything you need near-by because it's one of the best neighborhood. Pets are allowed. You'll love it for sure!

I need to know if you are really interested in the place so we can discuss further.

Thank you and look forward hearing from you!
Michael

PS: I attached you all the pictures that I have with the apartment (as you can see everything is in absolutely perfect condition).

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#345080 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:31 pm
Subject: Re: $800 Gorgeous 1 bedroom in Quincy
To: haas <[email protected]>

Hello,

The apartment at 77 Adams St, Quincy, MA 02169 is still available.
Everything is just like in the pictures fully equipped with all the
appliances you need, very clean and well kept. The apartment can be
rented furnished or if you want you can use your furniture and deposit
mine in the storage unit. I work as civil engineer and the company I
work for has developed projects all around the world. They moved me to
the United Kingdom department because they have a new project there.
The apartment is vacant so you can move-in anytime you want.

The rent of 800$/month is for the whole apartment and includes all the
utilities: heat, water, electricity, parking, laundry in-suite, washer
and dryer also included, cable and internet. You will have full access
to all building amenities. Just in case repairs are needed there I
will cover the costs no worries. The price I'm asking is below the
market because I want to find a responsible tenant to take good care
of the place.

I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and
also which rental contract do you prefer to start with - 6 months or 1
year with option of renewal. The monthly payments can be wired to my
Bank Account or we can setup a payment method that is suitable for
both of us.

I'm the owner of the apartment, it's already paid in full and no
mortgage on it. Schools and groceries near-by. You have everything you
need near-by because it's one of the best neighborhood. Pets are
allowed. You'll love it for sure!

I need to know if you are really interested in the place so we can
discuss further.

Thank you and look forward hearing from you!
Michael

PS: I attached you all the pictures that I have with the apartment (as
you can see everything is in absolutely perfect condition).

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/