Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345076 by Bryon Williams Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm
Od: "Eva Bolden" < [email protected] >
Temat: Re: ul. Towarowa 37,Poznan, Centrum

Hello,

Please email me only in English because I has born and raise in UK, I DON'T speak Polish.

My name is Eva Bolden and I just got an e-mail regarding your interest in my apartment located in ul. Towarowa 37,Poznan, Centrum

I am looking for someone to rent my flat inherited from my grand-mother. I am the single owner, the apartment is fully paid and there is no legal problem. The apartment is unoccupied since I no longer live there.
I want to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible persons, so I would like to know more details about yourself : How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pet, if you have a car, occupation, for how long you want to rent my apartment etc..

In addition to the rest, here is some information about myself and about the apartment, so we get to know a little more:

The apartment is exactly like in the pictures, very clean and equipped with everything you need, has been recently renovated.
The rent per month is 990 PLN with All Utilities Included (water, electricity, internet, cable ).

About me, I am 47 years old and I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products, currently living in London, my home town. I'm in London, United Kingdom but I already though at a solution so you can get the keys and visit the apartment to make an impression.

Here are more pictures: https:/ /im gur .co m/a/5 nJYZ

Thank you,
Eva Bolden

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement