Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345195 by Bryon Williams Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm
[email protected] > wrote:
Hello,

Please email me only in English because I has born and raise in UK, I DON'T speak Czech.

My name is Tausova Barbara and I just got an e-mail regarding your interest in my apartment located in Anežská 806/5, Staré Mesto, 11000 Praha 1.

I am looking for someone to rent my flat inherited from my grand-mother. I am the single owner, the apartment is fully paid and there is no legal problem. The apartment is unoccupied since I no longer live there.
I want to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible persons, so I would like to know more details about yourself : How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pet, if you have a car, occupation, for how long you want to rent my apartment etc..

In addition to the rest, here is some information about myself and about the apartment, so we get to know a little more:

The apartment is exactly like in the pictures, very clean and equipped with everything you need, has been recently renovated.
The rent per month is 6000 CZK with All Utilities Included (water, electricity, internet, cable ).

About me, I am 43 years old and I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products, currently living in London, my home town. I'm in London, United Kingdom but I already though at a solution so you can get the keys and visit the apartment to make an impression.

Here are more pictures : https://imgur.com/a/noN5b

Thank you,
Barbara

Subject: Re: Pekné studio na ulici Anežská

Hi there,

Thank you for your prompt reply and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promised you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems. I prefer to rent my flat cheaper but to a nice and responsible person.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing more details because you can not rent an apartment that you have not seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me) will be made through an authorized courier and using a Towergate Properties Limited Escrow Account to make sure we can trust each other.
Using the Towergate Properties Limited (www.towergateinsurance.co.uk) insurance escrow account involves three parties: you as a potential tenant and Towergate Properties Limited as a responsible third party authorized to conduct the transaction properly.

Here is the procedure explained:

The Escrow Account Traffic Properties Limited works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Towergate Properties Limited. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month rent + rental guarantee (6000 + 6000 = 12,000 CZK), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and will be sent by Towergate Properties Limited at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (name and address of the recipient);
-Delivery Schedule (local time you will be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You do not need to open an account with the Company, because this transaction is a lease and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and I will open a case with them immediately.
Then Towergate Properties Limited sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect the apartment from the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys / contract back to Towergate Properties Limited and you get your money back.
This will be in writing in the Towergate Properties Limited contract I will sign.
The Towergate Properties Limited fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you deposit the deposit.
If you agree to move forward I can send you a copy of the rental contract in blank.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your mobile phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Towergate Properties Limited rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Barbara

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement