Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345351 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:19 am
Dylan Persaud < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

The apartment is still available for renting. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and the address is 33599 2nd Ave, Mission, BC V2V 6J3, Canada. Honestly I'm sure you will rent the apartment on spot because everything is just like in the pictures, very clean and well taken and I'm sure you will love it. I work as a chemical engineer in petroleum production. The company that I work for they had a project in Canada that was supposed to be for the next 10 years but unfortunately now the project it's on stand-by or it's cancelled so it will take time for the Government of Canada to approve it. I already signed a job contract in United Kingdom last week for the next 6 years so the apartment will be available for renting for the time I will be away. The apartment is vacant and you can move-in any time.
The monthly rent is $825 - utilities included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, maintenance fees, parking, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet) and please note that the rent is for the entire apartment. Full access to the building amenities. The apartment is insured but just in case repairs are needed I will cover the costs no worries. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 months to 6 years or more. I want to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the place. I have a Canadian Bank account for the monthly payments, or we can use any other payment method that is suitable for you. The rent will NOT increase if you decide to rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished.
I'm the owner of the apartment, it's already paid in full and no mortgage on it. Schools and groceries are near-by, pets are allowed. You'll love it for sure!
I want to use a professional property management company because is the first time I'm renting an apartment and they will make the necessary arrangements for both of us. This way both of us will be satisfied.
I need to know if you are really interested because I don't have time to waste. I'm really serious about the place so I need to know a little more about you so I can talk with my family and make a final decision.
Thank you for your time and looking forward to your response!

Regards,
Dylan Persaud

Hi again xxxxxxxx,

I received your last email and after I discussed with my family we decided to rent the apartment to you. I already signed an agreement with Airbnb Global(www.airbnb.com/trust) to make all the necessary arrangements for you to view the apartment before signing the lease agreement and sending the payment to me as a landlord. I will cover the transaction and delivery fees. I can proceed with the rental transaction ONLY if you agree with the terms and conditions of Airbnb Global provided below.

To avoid any misunderstanding I will provide with all the steps of this transaction through Airbnb Global

I NEED TO BE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS CLEAR FOR YOU SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE STEPS OF THE TRANSACTION BECAUSE I CAN NOT CHANGE THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALSO I WILL PAY FOR THE TRANSACTION AND DELIVERY FEES AND JUST IN CASE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND I WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FROM AIRBNB!

Airbnb Global are already in custody of the keys and all the necessary documents. The ownership is already confirmed with the building management from Canada and also with a Real Estate Professional Department in London, United Kingdom. They just need my approval and your information so they can proceed with the transaction.

-You need to provide me your contact details: full name, mailing address (street, number, city and postal code), cell phone number, move-in date and duration of lease preferred (e.g. 6 months or 1 year rental contract with option of renewal). The lease agreement will be a standard one from the Canadian government.

- I will inform Airbnb Global that I approve the rental transaction.
- Airbnb Global will send you a notification(via email) with the transaction details, delivery details and payment information
- You need to send the amount of 1200$( 1st month of rent from the rental contract and damage deposit-refundable in the last month of rent from contract) to the the Airbnb Global ESCROW ACCOUNT, provided to you in the notification.
THE PAYMENT NEEDS TO BE SENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE TRANSACTION DETAILS OR ELSE THEY WILL CHARGE ME AN ADDITIONAL FEE.
- After the payment is completed you need to send the payment details to Airbnb Global
- Airbnb Global will check the payment confirmation and start the shipping procedure through UPS Air Cargo.
- You will receive the package (keys, apartment documents and lease agreement) in 3 business days. After the keys will be delivered at your address you will have 5 business days (inspection time) to check the apartment. The inspection time will start from the moment you will be at the building.
- If you decide to keep the apartment you just need to sign the lease agreement and Airbnb Global can release the funds to me. If you don`t want to keep the apartment you will receive a full payment refund including any payment fee.

Please note that Airbnb Global can NOT release the funds without your approval. You will have full control of the payment. They can release the payment to me as a landlord just after they will receive the lease agreement with your signature.

Using Airbnb Global involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb Global as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. Airbnb Global works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Airbnb Global.

I can NOT rent the apartment any other way because the building management has strict rules about renting private properties and they strongly recommend me to use a professional property management company.

You can reach me any time at: +44 20 32904868 (if you are calling from Canada you need to dial 011-44 20 32904868) or you can email me your number and I can give you a call.

Let me know if you have the funds available (1200CAD$) so we can move forward and e-mail me your full information I requested.

Thank you!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#345352 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 am

Hello xxxxxxx,

The transaction was started today. Please check your inbox, spam and junk folder to see if you have received the transaction confirmation from Airbnb Management.
You need to send the payment via MoneyGram at a MG location using CASH or Debit Card to Airbnb Management agent's name and address ( ROBERT FACKER ). You have his details on the invoice you received from Airbnb Management. In order for you to send the money to someone that you know and NOT to a business transaction the MoneyGram payment fee is @30CAD. If you can't cover it you can take it from the amount or we can split it. It's your choice. Also NOTE that the amount of 1200CAD will be converted in Great Britain Pounds (currency we are using in United Kingdom)

Below are the MoneyGram offices where you can send the payment:

xxxxxxxx

Hope I've been helpful for you.
Please try and confirm the payment today so Airbnb Management can move forward with the delivery of the package.
Thank you and have a good day!

P.S.: I will give you a call ASAP!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#345356 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 am
Cc: < [email protected] >
Subject: Airbnb Global INVOICE and CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION!

Dear xxxxx,

The Landlord: Dylan Persaud ( [email protected] ) has confirmed a transaction between himself and you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transaction for: Apartment Keys and Lease Agreement verified signed by the Landlord.
Owner of the apartment located in:33599 2nd Ave, Mission, BC V2V 6J3, Canada
Transaction Amount: 1200.00$ CAD;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more information about the transaction please check the attached files.
IMPORTANT NOTE! INVOICE ATTACHED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE OR CALL +44 208144 6862. OUR BUSINESS HOURS ARE FROM 09:00 A.M. (GMT TIME) TO 05:00 P.M. (GMT TIME) MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for using our service,
Airbnb Global
Payment solutions powered by Airbnb Inc.

Cc: < [email protected] >
Subject: Airbnb Global Payment Information

Dear xxxxx,

The package is now in our custody and it is ready to be sent to your address. We have checked the package. The Landlord, Mr. Dylan Persaud has sent you 2 keys from the outside door of the building, 3 keys from the apartment door, 2 keys from storage unit, key-card access for parking, copies from the apartment documents and the lease agreement. We checked all the apartment documents and lease agreement with our Real Estate Professional Department and confirmed the ownership with the building management. After the payment is confirmed to our company the transaction starts and you will receive the package in 3 business days. After the inspection period you must give us the final answer. If you don`t want to rent the apartment you will receive a full refund via MoneyGram within 24 business hours and the package is sent back to the landlord.

Transaction for: Apartment Keys and Lease Agreement verified signed by the Landlord.
Owner of the apartment located in:33599 2nd Ave, Mission, BC V2V 6J3, Canada
Transaction Amount: 1200.00$ CAD;

PAYMENT INFORMATION

You must pay the amount of: 1200.00$ CAD using MoneyGram (www.moneygram.com) to our Escrow Payments Representative:

***********************************************************************************
FIRST NAME: ROBERT
LAST NAME: FACKER
ADDRESS: 40 COMPTON STREET
CITY: LONDON
ZIP CODE: EC1V 0BD
*************************************************************************************

HERE ARE THE NEAREST MONEYGRAM OFFICES WHERE YOU CAN SEND THE PAYMENT:
xxxxxxx

Important Note: For business money transfer or internet transactions, MoneyGram charges customers a fee between 100-150.00$ CAD (an international fee imposed by the state of Canada) and also it take up to 48 hours to validate the payment in United Kingdom. If you would like to avoid this fee select the option MoneyGram "Cash Pick Up" used to send money to someone that you know and inform the MoneyGram agent that is NOT a business transaction. The payment will be received in Escrow Account in the same day you sent the payment.

After the payment is sent please e-mail us at the following information:

-8 digit REFERENCE NUMBER
-Sender's, full name and address
-Receiver's full name
-The total amount sent
-Scanned Receipt from MoneyGram (required to be sent)

FOR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE OR CALL +44 208144 6862. OUR BUSINESS HOURS ARE FROM 09:00 A.M. (GMT TIME) TO 05:00 P.M. (GMT TIME) MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY!

Thank you for using our service,
Airbnb Global
Payment solutions powered by Airbnb Inc

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.