Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345425 by Michelle Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:52 am
"Anna Bailey" <[email protected]>

Hello,

Please email me only in English because I has born and raise in UK, I DON'T speak Polish.

My name is Anna Bailey and I just got an e-mail regarding your interest in my apartment located in ul. Glowackiego ,Katowice, Sródmiescie

I am looking for someone to rent my flat inherited from my grand-mother. I am the single owner, the apartment is fully paid and there is no legal problem. The apartment is unoccupied since I no longer live there.
I want to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible persons, so I would like to know more details about yourself : How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pet, if you have a car, occupation, for how long you want to rent my apartment etc..

In addition to the rest, here is some information about myself and about the apartment, so we get to know a little more:

The apartment is exactly like in the pictures, very clean and equipped with everything you need, has been recently renovated.
The rent per month is 1040 PLN with All Utilities Included (water, electricity, internet, cable ).

About me, I am 47 years old and I am a researcher in pharmaceutical products, currently living in London, my home town. I'm in London, United Kingdom but I already though at a solution so you can get the keys and visit the apartment to make an impression.

Here are more pictures: https://imgur.com/a/npDXm

Thank you,
Anna Bailey

Hi there,
Thank you for your prompt response and for your kind email. If you are still interested I agree to rent it to you. I promise you that you will love the place. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems. I prefer to rent my flat cheaper but to a nice and responsible person.
Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys (apartment keys, interphone, alarm) and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through an authorized courier and using a Airbnb Escrow Account ( www.airbnb.com/trust ) to make sure that we can trust each other.
Using Airbnb escrow account involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.
Here is the procedure explained :
The Escrow Account Airbnb works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use Airbnb. Of course, nobody can touch that money until you have not returned the keys.
The escrow deposit, the first month rent + rental guarantee (1040 +1040 =2080 PLN), must be filed by bank transfer to activate the escrow account.
The delivery will be by a licensed company such as DHL, Federal Express or UPS and it will be sent by Airbnb at your home.
To initiate the process, I need the following information about you:
-Shipping Address (address where you want the package to be delivered) and name of recipient;
-Delivery Schedule (local time you'll be at home to receive the package and sign the receipt);
-Phone number;
You don't need to open an account with Airbnb because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord must open the transaction, just send me your personal details and i will open a case with them immediately.
Then Airbnb sends you the keys and the contract already filled with your details; You will have 14 days to inspect apartment since the arrival date; If you want to keep the apartment, they give me the money, and we go on from there; If you do not keep the apartment, you send the keys/contract back to Airbnb and you get your money back.a
This will be in writing in the Airbnb contract I will sign.
The Airbnb fees will be paid by me when I will initiate the procedure, you will have to pay for the money transfer fees when you pay the deposit.
I'll wait your quick reply and if you agree, I will need your full name, shipping address and your phone number (mobile if possible) so I can initiate the Airbnb rental transaction.
Thanks again for your time and look forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

I have sent your information to Airbnb Properties Limited and I just received the confirmation from them that you already received the payment invoice. You should receive an email from them with the instructions of what you have to do and how. Also the deposit must be confirmed in maximum 24 hours because other way I have to open another case with Airbnb and I must pay for every case.
The courier will be DHL and the package will be delivered at the address provided. Of course, you will receive a call 2 hours ahead before the package arrives.
One more thing: In the package there are 2 keys : a large keys with plastic cover for the door and a remote for the alarm.
The remote has 2 buttons (on/off) so before you insert the keys please press off to de-activate the alarm because if you insert the key before you will activate the alarm.
And please make sure that you don't leave anything on like electricity, water, etc.. I want you to treat the flat like your own home.
I will not bother you with anything for the entire duration of your stay as long as you pay the rent in time.
All this of course if you like the apartment :)
Just check your e-mail. After the deposit is made and verified by Airbnb you will receive the keys in 2-3 working days.

All that you have to do is follow the instructions from the payment invoice and we will not have any problems. It is very simple don't worry.
I will wait the deposit confirmation from Airbnb in the next 24 hours so I can prepare the shipping.

PS: Check also your email spam folder for the invoice. I received a copy and it was in my spam folder

Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement