Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345471 by Michelle Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 am
"picha daniel" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello ,

Thanks for replying to my ad! i need persons to rent my flat so that it can be taken care of while am out of Berlin Attached are some pictures.The apartment is fully furnished and it is in the exact state as shown in the attached pictures.

My apartment is located at Behrenstraße 27, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The apartment Fully furnished unit with beautiful Shower & Bathroom, Kitchen, Living room, Balcony, yard, Parking and much more. Just bring your cloths; I have everything else here for you. The apartment is close to Bus Stops, Major Grocery, Shopping Stores is in a very conducive environment. it will only cost you 300Euro for a month and the price includes all utilities charges in the apartment (Water, internet, electricity and heating) and the security deposit which will be refund to you after your stay in the apartment is 200 Euro

Utilities includes:

Washing machine,cook ware,Microwave,Bath Shower, Hair Dryer, Towels, Linens,ADSL internet,cable TV,LCD TV, Stereo/Radio System DVD Player,DVD/Music Collection

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Get back to me as soon as possible

Cheers

From your previous messages i can see you are really serious in getting my apartment also i am sure this is good news that you would be lucky to be my tenant as long as we have no issues concerning deposits and lease signing we would talk on that as soon as we both reach an agreement i should be waiting in Berlin for you to come and view the apartment, the ball is in your court as i have many others interested but it tends to be first come first served :)).

Thanks for your interest in my apartment once again i am so sure you would love it here :)), before we proceed i would like to know little about you so i would want you to answer my questions below, this for me is like a screening am sure you understand why am doing this , for security and future purposes also to know who am actually dealing with,

Do you have any pets? How old are your pets? Are they house broken?

Do you plan on getting a roommate in the future?

What is your typical work day like? Do you work night shifts or odd hours?

Do you smoke? Do you smoke indoors or outside?

Do you have any friends or relatives who frequently spend the night in your home?

Why are you moving?

Your Current Address + Mobile # in international format?

Duration Of Stay?

Can i ask for preferences from your former landlords and employer?

Do you have any Criminal Record?

Where do you work currently or employer verification?

Do you have any relative or friend in Berlin?

Do you have a good tax record?

Whats Your Occupation?

I would love you to briefly introduce yourself to me a little, I believe after provision of answers then we re good to go so we can discuss on arrangement for meeting.

Kind regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement