Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345559 by Michelle Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:24 am
"monicasalonen70" <[email protected]>

Bonjour,

Je viens de recevoir votre demande concernant la propriété de Rue de Bayard 31000 Toulouse. L'appartement est toujours disponible à louer et je cherche une personne responsable ou une famille à occuper et à maintenir maintenant que je ne suis pas là.Désolé, mais je ne parle pas très bien le français, donc si vous êtes vraiment intéressé, répondez moi en anglais ou en finnois (je suis finlandais par origine). Je travaille comme ingénieur sur une plate-forme pétrolière en mer du Nord et cette année, j'ai divorcé de mon mari, qui est français. Je n'ai aucune raison de venir à la maison trop tôt et pour cette raison j'ai décidé de louer mon appartement. L'appartement a 60m² et le prix du loyer mensuel est de 550 EUR (le prix inclut tous les frais d'utilité publique: chauffage, eau, électricité, espace de stationnement, internet WiFi, TV par câble). Vous pouvez aller aujourd'hui et vérifier la zone et tous les alentours pour voir si l'emplacement correspond à vos besoins. L'appartement est très propre comme vous pouvez le voir dans les images.

Sincerely,

Monica Salonen

"monicasalonen70" <[email protected]>

Hello,

The apartment is available now and you can rent it for up to 5 years, with an extending option. The apartment is furnished and renovated, but if you want, you can rent it unfurnished and you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar. After several unfortunate experiences, I`ve decided to prearrange the deal with Airbnb, and manage the rental process through them. Last week I came 2 times there to meet with some potential tenants; but nobody has shown up on the meetings; and I think you can imagine that it is not very comfortable to fly Finland - France especially when I am caught up with work commitments.

For long term rentals, airbnb requires a deposit (1 month rent + 550 € as security deposit) so that makes a total of 1100 € in order to arrange an inspection of the property. You can view, manage or withdraw your deposit anytime as airbnb wants only to have a confirmation that you have the funds available if you decide to rent the property. If you decide to rent the property after inspection, this deposit will be calculated as 1 month of rent + security deposit which you will get back at the end of the contract.
A viewing before booking is not possible because I am not there, but airbnb is guaranteeing the whole transaction between us. They will hold the funds until you will inspect the property so both parties are fully protected. You can read about their refund policy here: https://www.airbnb.com/guarantee
So if you want to proceed, please login to the www.airbnb.com website, and after that please send me the following details in order to make the booking:

Full name:
Full address:
Phone number:
Airbnb username:

After I have received your details, I will forward them to Airbnb. They will contact you with all the details that you need to complete the booking. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Sincerely,

Monica Salonen

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement