Room for Rent and other rental scams
#345620 by Michelle Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 am

Hello again,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you that we will not have any problems .

First I have to inform you that the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be 550 Euro ( money for the first month you move in my apartment ) and I ask also for security deposit ( Kaution ) 550 Euro, in total you have to pay 1100 Euro so you can move in my apartment without any additional charges to pay . The money for the next months 550 euro) I want to receive monthly the rent from you in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment .The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by AirBnb ( www.airbnb.com ), they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal.

To start the transaction with AirBnb you need to send me all this details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card number or Passport number:
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move in the apartment:
Rental period that you want to stay:

Now let me explain you how the transaction works:

After I receive all this details, I can go to AirBnb office and start the transaction. When they will have the keys and the real estate company on custody, they will send you a delivery notification, in which they tell you that they have the keys and all documents.

When you receive the delivery notification from AirBnb, you will have to go your bank office and make a bank transfer to AirBnb agent, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 1100 Euro ). If you don't have time to go to your bank office you can make the payment online . I inform you that your payment must be confirmed in 24 hours or early after the transaction was started.

After you make the deposit you will have to send to AirBnb the payment confirmation from bank money transfer, so they can know that you already made the deposit. AirBnb will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will deliver the keys and the rental contract to you in 48 Hours. AirBnb will send to you an agent at your house door, and that person will come with you to visit the apartment to see that all is right. If you will be satisfied with the flat, you will sign the rental contract. However, if you are not pleased with the apartment for any reason, the agent will give your money back immediately, and I will get my keys and documents back ( I will write on the rental contract this condition, to be sure that you will get your money back ).

Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you can't move immediately, we can make the deal as I explained it now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation until you will be able to move there.

I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you.

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank's and have a good day

Very Important: Only AirBnb has access to this transaction for more security. Your money will be in safe in AirBnb custody and I hope you read my e-mail very well, and know that you have to pay before you see the apartment because this is the safety policy of AirBnb

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement