Room for Rent and other rental scams
#346207 by Bryon Williams Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:09 am
Subject: RENTAL FORM

Hello,

I received your inquiry about my property for rent. My name is Mark Anthony, My family and I just moved down to NEW YORK due to my job transfer, i work for a Highway Construction Company here in NEW YORK and got married to a lovely wife Cheryl who is a member of Holy Family Cathedral Church. We will be here for 12 to 13 years. My initial plan was to sell the house but I find it difficult to let go this adorable home, I have decided to rent home to a responsible tenant who is willing to take very good care of it in our absence. Pets are allowed as long as they are not destructive. We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean & responsible and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt. we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. and all the utilities are included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis and pets are also allowed.You can go view my home now, cause i got the keys on the lockbox and you can move in anytime, just get back to us with the rental questionnaire filled out.

INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Cable , Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric.

Below are some questions I need you to answer so we can discuss further. It is available for a long lease/ short term lease. Get back to me with the form filled up, so we can proceed on how you will be viewing my home through the lockbox.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?

Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?

Marital Status:__________?

How many proposed occupants :__________?

List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?

Present Address :__________?

Will you have pets :__________?

Please describe Breed, size :__________?

Personality of pet :__________?

When do you plan to move in, please write exact date?

Intended length of lease:__________?

Do you agree to pay the payment before you move in:__________?

If you are ask to make a down payment to secure the house today and take it off market & for you to take the key from the box, How much will you be able to pay:__________?

Length of previous tenancy :__________?

Present occupation :__________?

Are you a section 8 applicant

Do you work late night :__________?

Do you smoke :__________?

Do you drink :__________?

Below is the rental property address: 3045 SE Main St., Portland, OR

2 bedrooms 1 baths

Pets allowed: Yes

Rent: $800

Refundable Security Deposit:$800

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities.

I ___________________, Certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

Looking forward to hearing from you with all these details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt and contacting you.

Thanks and God bless.

"Everybody Deserves a Home Both The Rich And The Poor."

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections"

Live the life you love

Love the life you have

Laugh till the very end

God Bless Everyone

Anthony Family.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#353603 by pitbane Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 pm
I received this e-mail January 23, 2018. Of course, when he sent me this, I spoke to him about viewing the property before any monetary exchange happened, because obviously I am not going to put money up for something I haven't even seen yet. He assured me that I could view the property, I just had to fill out the questionnaire. This is where my next inkling this was a scam came up. The way the message is worded and then the fact that all these utilities are included for only $800 a month. Despite his "governmental programmer", third hint, I could not believe a 4 bedroom was that much. So I then googled the address for the home and see on 5 websites that it is listed within the last 90 days for $1349 a month and a few things are different, such as the animals allowed. Then found the actual name of the owner and when he purchased it, in 2013, for a steal I might add, I replied to his email. I wanted to see what he would say next. Well, then he sends me a congratulations and asks for money to be sent to him and he will have the keys FedEx'ed to me. The first email clearly states that I would be able to go onto the property and get into the lock box that contains the key to enter the home for a self viewing. So after he sends me that, I then politely told him I alerted the actual owner of the home of this, and that he was a scammer using the most common scam name ever.

Hello,
I received your inquiry about my property for rent. My name is Mark Anthony, My family and I just moved down to TEXAS due to my job transfer, i work for a Highway Construction Company here in TEXAS and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Holy Family Cathedral Church. We will be here for 12 to 13 years. My initial plan was to sell the house but I find it difficult to let go this adorable home, I have decided to rent home to a responsible tenant who is willing to take very good care of it in our absence. Pets are allowed as long as they are not destructive. We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean & responsible and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt. we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. and all the utilities are included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis and pets are also allowed.You can go view my home now, cause i got the keys on the lockbox and you can move in anytime, just get back to us with the rental questionnaire filled out.

INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Cable , Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric.

Below are some questions I need you to answer so we can discuss further. It is available for a long lease/ short term lease. Get back to me with the form filled up, so we can proceed on how you will be viewing my home through the lockbox.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

If you are ask to make a down payment to secure the house today and take it off market & for you to take the key from the box, How much will you be able to pay:__________?

Below is the rental property address: 18419 N 55th Ln, Glendale, AZ 85308
4 bedrooms 2 baths

I ___________________, Certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

Looking forward to hearing from you with all these details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt and contacting you.

Thanks and God bless.
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections"
Live the life you love
Love the life you have
Laugh till the very end
God Bless Everyone
Anthony Family.

This is the email I received of my congratulations:

Thanks for your prompt response, I hope you're having a great day so far...? My wife and I have gone through your application and have found it satisfactory, so we will say at this point “Congratulations" you are now our tenant and we want you to always pay your Monthly rental fee on time to avoid any form of embarrassment. My family would love you to secure the property so you can have an edge over other applicant. I will want to know what you can come up with now either the refundable security deposit or the first month rent so that you can secure it now and take it off market. As soon as the payment has been confirmed by my family, l will go ahead and commence on how the houses keys/Documents will be delivered to you via FedEx on next day delivery service and it will be delivered to the address you have to provide in your application form. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that l can arrange for the delivery of the keys/Documents. The rent starts counting when you move in, so you could go ahead with the payment straight away to make things faster. After receiving the payment we will secure our home for you and get the keys shipped to your present home address along with a tracking number to let you know the exact time you will be receiving the package and if you don't like the inside of the house the payment will be refunded back to you asap then you will mail me back my keys and document but i am very sure you will love the house. When do you plan moving into our home when you receive the keys Let me know immediately so that we can make arrangement on your move in date. Get back to me for payment information.

Question ?

1) How long do you intend to live in the house?
2) What's your religion?

RE-CONFIRMATION OF THE DELIVERY ADDRESS:
FIRST NAME:
HOUSE ADDRESS:
MOBILE NUMBER:

Here are the contents of the document:
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary files...
4) Payment Receipt........
5) Full address and description of the house.

So please do get back to me today so that I will let you know the next step to take concerning the payment.
Thanks and Remain Blessed.
Anthony Family.

He even had the balls to send me this false lease agreement.

LEGAL RENTAL AGREEMENT FORM. Residential Lease 1. PARTIES.
Landlord Name:Mark Anthony Address:18419 N 55th Ln, Glendale, AZ 85308
Tenants Name: (I have removed my name)
LEASE & PREMISES. Landlord hereby leases to Tenants, and Tenants hereby lease from Landlord, the 4 bedroom premisesTERM. The term of this tenancy shall run from the day you move in till tenant decides to move out from the house, this lease shall either automatically renew or automatically convert to a month-to-month tenancy, it can also be convert to RENT TO OWN.• RENT. Tenants shall pay a sum of $800 as month rent to secure the home till move in date and the rent start counting once tenant move in to property and $800 for damage security deposit which shall be refunded back to tenant as long as the premises is left in good conduct. Tenant shall make the monthly payment via Moneygram, that is how you will be paying the rent every month until the landlord has any alternative to change that, however the landlord shall be responsible for the charges and also the landlord will be sending the tenant keys via FedEx company down to tenant present home address and all utilities like Water and Electric are all included in the rent.
1. LATE CHARGE. Tenants shall pay a late charge of 5% of any rental amount not received by Landlord at the above address by 5:00 p.m. on the fourth day after the date the rent is due. (If rent is due on the first, a late fee will be assessed if rent isn’t received by 5 p.m. on the fifth.)
1. SECURITY DEPOSIT. Landlord acknowledges that shall be paying 1 month rent and refundable security deposit. Landlord may, as allowed by law, deduct from the security deposit the amount of damages incurred by him due to Tenants’ breach of this lease. Tenants are not entitled to have the security deposit applied to late or unpaid rent, after termination of the tenancy and delivery of possession (including return of all keys), Landlord shall return the unused portion of the security deposit.
1. MOVE-IN CONDITION. Landlord shall provide the first Tenant to take possession of the premises with a “Move-In/Move-Out Condition Report” form. That Tenant shall complete the form and return it to Landlord within five days. Unless Landlord objects within five days of his receipt of the completed form, the report shall be deemed conclusive evidence that the premisesare as described in the report. Landlord shall deliver the premises and all common areas to the Tenants in a clean, safe, and habitable condition, free of pests and visible mold, with all smoke detectors installed in the premises in proper working condition.
1. POSSESSION. Landlord shall be ready to deliver possession of the premises to Tenants at the start date of the tenancy. Landlord shall be responsible for having hold-over tenants evicted. Rent shall abate until Landlord is able to put Tenants into possession but he shall not be responsible for any other damages to Tenants unless Landlord’s failure was willful, in which case Tenants’ remedies shall be in accordance with law. If Landlord is unable to deliver possession due to circumstances beyond his control, he shall have ten (10) days to remedy the situation and put Tenants into possession. If he fails to do so, Tenants may immediately terminate the lease and recover all prepaid rent and deposits. If Landlord is unable to deliver possession due to his or his agent’s fault, Tenants may choose to either give the Landlord ten (10) days to remedy the situation as above or immediately terminate the lease and recover all prepaid rent and deposits.
1. SUBLEASES & ASSIGNMENTS. Tenants shall not sublease or assign this lease without the prior, written permission from the Landlord. Landlord shall not unreasonably deny permission to sublease or assign.
1. USE OF PREMISES. Tenants shall not permit any other persons to occupy the premises. For purposes of this agreement, “occupy” is defined as residing, living, or staying on the premises overnight for more than seven nights in a row or for more than fourteen nights in a twelve-month period.Tenants shall use the premises only as a residential dwelling. Tenants shall not use the premises or permit any guests to use the premises for any unlawful activities or to unreasonably interfere with the rights, comforts, or conveniences of their neighbors or other Tenants. Tenants shall not host any party or gathering of more than fifteen (15) people at any time.
1. LANDLORD’S RULES. Tenants acknowledge receipt of Landlord’s Rules. Tenants shall comply with all written Rules provided to the Tenant. Landlord may, with reasonable written notice to Tenants, modify these rules as allowed by law.
1. LOCKS, KEYS, & PEEPHOLES. Even if no local ordinance requires it, Landlord shall provide locks and peepholes Tenants shall not change or add any locks on the premises without immediately providing duplicates of all keys to the Landlord. Landlord shall issue to each Tenant one set of keys to the premises and mailbox. Upon Tenants’ surrender of the premises to Landlord, each Tenant shall return to Landlord all keys issued to him as well as all copies. If Tenants fail to return all keys, Tenants shall pay the cost of making replacement copies or replacing the locks, at Landlord’s option.
1. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. If rent is unpaid when due, and Tenants fail to pay rent within five days after written notice is served notifying the Tenants of the non-payment and of Landlord’s intention to terminate the lease if the rent is not paid within the five-day period (i.e. within five days of service of the “Five Day Pay-or-Quit Notice”), the landlord may terminate thelease and proceed to obtain possession of the premises in accordance with the law. Acceptance ofrent after the five-day period shall not act as a waiver of Landlord’s rights and Landlord hereby
reserves all rights to receive payment of rent after the five-day notice and proceed in court for possession of the premises and all other remedies allowed by law.
1. PROPERTY DAMAGE & MAINTENANCE. Tenants shall promptly notify Landlord of any defects in or damages to the plumbing, sanitary, electrical, gas, heating, or cooling systems as well as any leaks in the roof or evidence of structural damage. Tenants shall not repair these defects or damages without obtaining the prior, written permission of Landlord, which Landlord may reasonably refuse; however, Tenants shall take reasonable steps to prevent additional damage.Tenants shall pay Landlord’s reasonable expenses for repairing damages caused by Tenants and their guests, reasonable wear and tear excepted. Landlord shall present a written, itemized bill with copies of receipts for material and outside labor before demanding payment. Landlord shallnot consider payment as being late until fifteen (15) days after presentment of the bill.Tenants shall ensure the lawn is mowed at least once every two weeks during April through September and in no case shall Tenants allow grass and weeds to exceed six inches in height at any time during the year. Landlord shall be responsible for all other yard maintenance and for having the gutters cleaned.
1. DEATH. If a Tenant dies during the tenancy, any of the surviving Tenants or the executor or administrator of the decedent’s estate may terminate this lease by giving thirty (30) days written notice to Landlord and the other Tenants. Termination under this clause does not relieve the surviving Tenants or the estate of the deceased from their liability to pay all rent and charges owed through the date that Landlord is put in possession of the premises.
1. EXTENDED ABSENCES & ABANDONMENT. If all of the Tenants will be absent from the premises for a period in excess of ten (10) days, Tenants shall give Landlord advance, written notice of the absence. If Tenants fail to do so, Landlord may consider the premises abandoned and avail him of all lawful remedies.
1. MOVE-OUT INSPECTION. Tenants may request to be at a move-out inspection to be held within seventy-two (72) hours of Tenants’ delivery of possession to Landlord. If Tenants wish to be present at such an inspection, they shall give Landlord written notice two weeks in advance.
1. UTILITIES. Landlord shall maintain all the utility charges such as Heat, water, sewer, gas, and electrical utility service at the premises starting on or before the start of the tenancy and until possession of the premises is returned to Landlord. Tenants shall ensure that the heat is maintained at a temperature sufficient to prevent freezing of pipes during cold periods.
1. PETS. After providing written notice to Landlord and paying any pet deposit required herein, Tenants may keep one aquarium with fish up to 100 gallons and one cat. Tenants shall keep any other pets if he/she wishes to.
1. JOINTLY AND SEVERAL LIABILITY. All Tenants shall be jointly and severally liable for all Tenant obligations (rent, damages, and other). The Landlord may collect the entirety of any damages from any one or all Tenants, no matter which Tenant is actually responsible.
1. INCORPORATION & MODIFICATION. This Lease is the complete and entire agreement between the parties and all prior agreements and understandings, both written and oral, have been incorporated herein. It may only be modified or amended by executing another written
document signed by all parties or their authorized agents.
1. SEVERABILITY. The provisions of this lease are severable, and if any part of the Lease is held illegal, invalid, or inapplicable to any person or circumstance, the remainder of this lease shall remain in effect.1. CONDITION. This lease is conditional on being signed by all parties named on page 1.We, the undersigned, hereby represent that we have read this entire lease and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
Landlord: Mark Anthony Tenant:
#355269 by TCJ2 Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm
I've been communicating with the same person/ppl over the last few days. Via text and email. I forwarded the last communication to you. They are advertising on FB marketplace at this time.
#355277 by Bryon Williams Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm
Scammer uses this number to text.

347-508-5674
(347) 508-5674
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP
e.g. Skype or Google Voice

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#358129 by PrincipleHomes Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:31 pm
Scam ad on Facebook market place house for rent from 347-508-5674. Says moved to Texas, rent is $800 and includes utilities. Can only communicate by text. This property is being managed by a property manager and this person is NOT the correct contact, nor is rent the correct amount
#371805 by Bryon Williams Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello,

I received your inquiry about my property for rent. My name is Mark Anthony, My family and I just moved down to NY due to my job transfer, i work for a Highway Construction Company here in NY and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Holy Family Cathedral Church. We will be here for 12 to 13 years. My initial plan was to sell the house but I find it difficult to let go this adorable home, I have decided to rent home to a responsible tenant who is willing to take very good care of it in our absence. Pets are allowed as long as they are not destructive. We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean & responsible and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt. we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. and all the utilities are included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis and pets are also allowed.You can go view my home now, cause i got the keys on the lockbox and you can move in anytime, just get back to us with the rental questionnaire filled out.

INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Cable , Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric. Below are some questions I need you to answer so we can discuss further. It is available for a long lease/ short term lease. Get back to me with the form filled up, so we can proceed on how you will be viewing my home through the lockbox.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

Below is the rental property address: 1203 W 11th Street Tempe, AZ 85281
3 bedrooms 2 baths

Thanks and God bless.

Live the life you love
Love the life you have
Laugh till the very end
God Bless Everyone

Anthony Family.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

#381586 by luvmykidsxs3 Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 am
This guys is currently posting the same email stating he lives in Kanasas, other than that the email is the same that we recieved, oh and his name has changed to Simpson Larry...

Date: February 12, 2019 at 8:49:55 AM PST

Hello,

I received your inquiry about my property for rent. My name is Simpson Larry, My family and I just moved down to Kansas due to my job transfer, i work for a Highway Construction Company here in Kansas and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Holy Family Cathedral Church. We will be here for 12 to 13 years. My initial plan was to sell the house but I find it difficult to let go this adorable home, I have decided to rent home to a responsible tenant who is willing to take very good care of it in our absence. Pets are allowed as long as they are not destructive. We will be very pleased if we can find the right/potential tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean & responsible and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt. we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. and all the utilities are included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis and pets are also allowed.You can go view my home now, cause i got the keys on the lockbox and you can move in anytime, just get back to us with the rental questionnaire filled out.

INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Cable , Kitchen completely equipped, Kettle - Toaster - Dishwasher - Freezer - Microwave - Oven - Dryer - Heat - Water - Washing Machine and Electric. Below are some questions I need you to answer so we can discuss further. It is available for a long lease/ short term lease. Get back to me with the form filled up, so we can proceed on how you will be viewing my home through the lockbox.

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

Below is the rental property address: 2580 Sunline Dr Reno, NV 89523
3 bedrooms 2 baths

Thanks and God bless.

Live the life you love
Love the life you have
Laugh till the very end
God Bless Everyone

Larry Family.