Room for Rent and other rental scams
#348391 by Beebeedeedop Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:19 pm
This is a scam I found on the most popular website to find flats for rent in Prague (bezrealitky.cz).

The offending email address is [email protected].

Here are the emails as follows - almost fell for it! Scroll down to "Four Hours ago" for the red flag

20 hours ago

Hello,

First I want to thank you for your interest about my byte.
At the beginning I wanted to clarify key details.
The price is CZK 8000 + 2000 = 10000 Kc Kc, and the apartment is located in Vratislavova st., Prague 2 - Vyšehrad
The price includes everything: water, electricity, internet and parking.
The apartment is fully furnished and equipped like the pictures.
If you are satisfied with this information, let me know, so that you can continue the conversation.

Thank you and have a nice day.

5 hours ago

Hello,

In other words, to explain to you my situation. I live in Oslo, Norway. I bought this flat a few years ago for my son who was in the Czech Republic undergraduate studies Unfortunately captured employment contract in the US for the next 5 years, and for this reason I want to rent an apartment.
Let me tell you a few things about me. I am 49 year old and I took the time 26 years ago. I have two children (one of them in the US, as I have already said, and the other is here in Norway) and works as a surgeon.

The apartment can be rented short or long term.
If you are interested in renting an apartment, we will use a real estate company that will process the payment and delivery of the keys and the contract.
Let me know what you think about that? And in another note, I can explain the whole process.

Thank you

PS: Please accept apologies if this text is not written correctly. The text was translated from English using Google translate. I hope you understand my Czech. I prefer to answer in English.

4 hours ago

Hello,

To can complete this deal we will use the biggest estate agency from world , Airbnb ( http://www.airbnb.com )

I chose this option because ,we would like to tell you what we happened last week, a bad story. We was in Czech Republic last week because we had to meet with a family who wanted to rent the apartment but when
we arrived there, this family never answered the phone. As you can imagine we lost a lot of money (plane ticket, taxi...etc...).

In next words I will explain you how works Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com/trust) . They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the rental package. With this procedure you will be able to check the apartment before I receive the payment.

1. To can an register the transaction with Airbnb I need :

- your full name and full address ( address , city , zip code , country ) ;
- a copy of your ID (identity card ) ( Airbnb need to verify your details )
- your phone # (a valid mobile number where Airbnb can contact you);
- the exact date from when you want to move there
- how many person will live there

2 . I will go at Airbnb to deposit the keys and the contract on your name as the intended receiver.

3 . Airbnb will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department . They will also confirm that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.

4 . After this Airbnb will send you the link with my listing on their website. There you can book my apartment. To can book it they will ask for a safety deposit equal with 3 rental months . This three months represents the period of accommodation and the deposit will remain for the payment for this first 3 months. After this 3 months if everything will be fine , and you want to remain in my apartment , we will extend the period , for long term .

5. The deposit is just a formality and it won't obligate you to rent the apartment , it is a safety deposit, just to be sure that this is not a joke and I don't pay the transport taxes for nothing to an address that doesn't exist . And in this way will be sure for both , because the money will remain at Airbnb until you will see the apartment, and only after this ,if everything will be fine , I will receive the money.

5. After the deposit is done , one of Airbnb agents will come with keys and with rental contract at your home , in 4 days.

6 . After this you will go with this agent to see the apartment , and if everything will be ok you will sign the contract .

7. If something will be wrong , and you don't want to rent the apartment , the Airbnb agent ,will give you , your money back , and will give me back the keys.

Let me know if everything is clear ?

Thank you

Removed baiting comment
Advertisement