Room for Rent and other rental scams
#348517 by Mike Wilson Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am
Subject: 2 Bedroom Flat, Webb's Road, London, SW11 6SE

Alexander Baker <[email protected]>:
Hello,

Check your attached file, I attached a few pictures of the place, just so you can have a good idea of what it looks like.
I want to try and give you some insight into who I am and about the property you are renting.
My name is Alexander Baker. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with it, I just want to find the proper tenant, someone who will treat and care my home like it was his own.
I'm the owner, I love this place, it means alot to me.. It has been professionally finished and decorated with a modern color scheme that coordinates throughout, it looks exactly like in the pictures, totally finished, fully furnished and I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own, NO extra costs!

It has all the facilities and the utilities: washing machine, dishwasher, dryer, refrigerator, stove, oven, juice machine, iron, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, vacuum cleaner. Never used stainless steel! Bright windows with a fresh kitchen and bathroom.

The rent for 1 month is 1340 £ The all utilities are included in this price (rent/month). No extra fees!
It means:
- Water,electricity, gas, cable and Internet.
Short or long term lease?! The lease is flexible, can be month to month, min stay 1 month - max 5/6 years. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contract will be signed for.

About pets.. there are no problems if you have pets, as long as you clean up after them!
So, I want this rental to be as smooth as possible, I really need to take care of this matter by the end of the next week.. I am looking forward to hear from you, so that I can forward you an application form to fill out and discuss on how to get it for rent.
Don't miss out on this opportunity! I think is a good deal!
Respectfully,
Alexander

Dear ,

I think you could be the new tenant.. Nice to meet you!
I would like to tell you a little bit about me and my family, I want to give you some insight into who I am.

I'm currently 39 years old and married. I'm very career focused and will be spending a lot of my time at the office. I work hard for my family. I'm a mature individual, very sincere, respectable and love friending new people. I'm a caring person who believes in taking good care of things!
My wife is speech language pathologist, her name is Laura and we have one daughter, Alessandra, that is 2 years old.
I inherited the apartment from my grandfather when he past away, I am from Rome, Italy, so I decided to rent it.

This is the second time I tried to rent the apartment, I had a deal with somebody before who said he will rent it if I come there.. So I got a plane ticket, and guess what!? When I arrived there, he didn't show up and after 2 days he gave me a call and said that he is sorry but he can't rent it anymore, because he has no money.
It was unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my apartment without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me.
So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally, but now I don't want to buy another plane ticket to come and fall for it once more... maybe you won't show up. I'm sick of tire-kickers, people who are just looking around and not serious about renting, so please don't waste my time... No offence!

I am the only person who has the keys, but I have a good solution if you are still interested.. You can have the keys in hands in less than 48 hours. I found a way to complete this rental safe and fast for the two of us.

Our very best,
God bless you and your family,
Alexander and Laura

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement