Room for Rent and other rental scams
#349553 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm
Subject: Apartment for rent in Etterbeek , 72 m² with 1 bedroom
To:

Hi,
My name is Arnaud and i received an email of interest in renting my apartment. The apartment is available, quiet, has all facilities and utilities: TV, parking, laundry, air conditioning, high speed internet, pets are allowed. The monthly rent is 470 €, also important is that the additional costs (water, electricity, internet, digital television) are included in the price. I worked in Belgium for 7 years and I bought the apartment with my family to stay but now I am back in Italy-Roma and I will not stay there so this is the reason I rent it a longer period of time. For what period do you need? I would like more information about you if you do not mind. Thank you for your interest and look forward to a future cooperation and friendship. Speaking English is much easier for me.

Kind regards,
Arnaud

Arnaud Terwagne < [email protected] > wrote:
Hi,

Like I informed you before, the apartment is currently free and can be rented for a short or long term. It's a stylish furnished apartment, very spacious, bright and clean so I truly hope you'll enjoy your stay. The rent price will be 470 Eur with all the bills included and the guarantee deposit is 1000 Eur (that you'll get back when you move out). Now I'm living in Italy-Roma, but this will not influence at all the rental as I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it if you like it. You will have 2 days available to inspect the the apartment before rent it. The delivery of the keys and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made through Airbnb.com to make sure that we can trust each other. If you want to know more about the rental process please get back to me and I will send you the step by step procedure. A quick response would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Arnaud

Arnaud Terwagne <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi again,

I will explain you step by step how this service works:
To start the process all I need is your full name, delivery address and a phone number. After I will make the papers for delivery, airbnb will contact you with further information regarding the rental and you must follow the instructions to make the payment of the first month rent (470€ ) + (1.000€) the guarantee deposit = (1.470€) in their account. Once the payment is confirmed, delivery process will start and from the moment you receive the keys, you have 2 days available to inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent. If all is in order and you decide to stay, you will sign the contract and Airbnb will pay me. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account. In case you won't like the flat, Airbnb will give you a full refund within 24 hours and you will give them back the keys, but I'm pretty sure that you will be more than happy with your stay. So, if you want to start the transaction please send me the requested information and a copy of your ID,passport or driving license by email ( scan or photo) also a picture of you.

Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#349555 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:38 pm
Domain Name: COLLABORATIONSOFT.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2180874236_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: http://www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2017-10-29T21:59:13Z
Creation Date: 2017-10-29T21:59:13Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-29T21:59:13Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#394785 by marvindehaas Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am
Brent Ross Stemmermann <[email protected]>
Mon 8/19/2019 9:20 AM
Hi again,

I will explain you step by step how this service works:
To start the process all I need is your full name, delivery address and a phone number. After I will make the papers for delivery, Homeaway will contact you with a Letting Rental Contract and you must follow the instructions to make the payment of the first month rent (€460.00 +€1,000.00 the refundable deposit =€1,460.00) in their account. Once the payment is confirmed, delivery process will start and from the moment you receive the keys, you have 2 days available to inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent. If all is in order and you decide to stay, you will sign the contract and Homeaway will pay me. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account. In case you won't like the flat, Homeaway will give you a full refund within 24 hours and you will give them back the keys, but I'm pretty sure that you will be more than happy with your stay.
So, if you want to start the transaction please send me the requested information:
Check in:
Adults
Children:
Name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Phone number:
A copy of your ID,passport or driving license by email ( scan or photo) and a picture of you.

Thanks!
Regards,