Room for Rent and other rental scams
#352786 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:14 pm
Sandra Friend < [email protected] > wrote:

Hi,

The apartment is in a very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, AC, high speed internet with WIFI (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
The rent price is 600 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 600 euro. The monthly rent has the bills included (heating, water, gas, electricity).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but we are back home now permanently in Netherlands, so we want to rent it.
We will not use it for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want!
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How long do you want to stay? How many guests will stay in the apartment?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Have a nice day, Sandra

Sandra Friend < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello xxxxxx, What you say is ok with me. Unfortunately, I am not there to show you the apartment because I was in Netherlands when I decided to rent it.
Here is the address so you can check the area and transportation: 17 R. Sousa Martins, 1050-010 Lisbon
The apartment is exactly like in the photos. If you don't want something, you can get it out and put it in the basement.
Because I am not there, I want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for me), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain and establish everything.
Thank you, Sandra

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#353015 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 pm
Subject: €660 / 1br - 66m2 - Apartment for Rent in Paris (Paris)

Hi,

The apartment is in a very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, AC, high speed internet with WIFI (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
The rent price is 660 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 600 euro. The monthly rent has the bills included (heating, water, gas, electricity).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but we are back home now permanently in Netherlands, so we want to rent it.
We will not use it for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want!
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How long do you want to stay? How many guests will stay in the apartment?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Have a nice day, Sandra

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#353039 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:34 pm
Sandra Friend <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxx, What you say is ok with me. Unfortunately, I am not there to show you the apartment because I was in Netherlands when I decided to rent it.
Here is the address so you can check the area and transportation: 1 Jervis St, North City, Dublin
The apartment is exactly like in the photos. If you don't want something, you can get it out and put it in the basement.
Because I am not there, I want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for me), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain and establish everything.
Thank you, Sandra

Sandra Friend <[email protected]>:

Hello xxx,
I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 690 X 2 + 600 = 1980 euro).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Sandra

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.