Room for Rent and other rental scams
#352907 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm
< [email protected] >:

Hello,

I saw your interest regarding renting my apartment. First of all, I would like to give a little introduction: My name is Vera Di Marco and I am consultant engineer in Milano, Italy. I received this apartment long time ago from my grandmother after she passed away and I'm renting it since then because I don't have any business there in Portugal. I have a beautiful family (my husband Franco, 4 year old daughter Julie and a 9 month old boy, Markus). I cannot leave Italy that is why I signed a contract with a well known company internationally Airbnb.com that would take care of renting the flat and all the formalities.
Here is a description of the flat: it is located on Av. Padre Manuel da Nóbrega 3A , 1000-196 Lisboa, Portugal, has 2 rooms (1 living room, 1 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom 57,00m2) and it is fully furnished. All the utilities (internet - wifi,electricity,gas,water, cable, Tv, washing machine, fridge, cups, plates ,one parking spot ) are included in the rent price , the rent is 500 € / month . The guarantee deposit is 500,00 €, and you get it back when you leave from the apt.

The maximum rental period is 6 months-5 years. If you want to stay longer in the apartment, it is no problem.
I would like you to keep the flat in a good condition, pets are allowed. I do not want the number of tenants to be bigger than 4 people.

I will be waiting for an answer and in the following email I will explain how to conclude everything.
Thank you for your time,
Greetings from Milano
Vera

Subject: Re: Tem uma nova mensagem para o anúncio: : apartamento em Lisboa/Areeiro

Thank you for your interest.
The apartment is for rent for a long time, but the transaction will be carried out by Airbnb.
We will use Airbnb for the safety of both parts.
Let me explain how the transaction will go, step by step: Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid those taxes, you can reserve the apartment only for 1 month through their system and you will pay for the entrance the 1 month of rent + one month as security deposit = 1000 €( the security deposit you will get back after you will leave my flat ). After you see the apartment we make the lease agreement for the period that you want.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations for rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to make the payment to Airbnb bank account through bank. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys and the contract and you have seen the apartment. After seeing the apartment, you will have to make your decision, if you wish to take it or not. I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as I have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your bank account in the next 12 hours from your decision.
After the first months, the next payments of rent will be done directly to my personal bank account.
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name and phone number and I will send you the Link Airbnb where you can BOOK.

Thank you.
Vera

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement